Very similar stone for sale here a few months ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very similar stone for sale here a few months ago

I Added some better pics to my last post if you don't mind double checking! As for this piece, I believe it is a grinding/polishing stone? Was from Sub Saharan Africa, I believe it was for sale by all points covered. What do youou need them. think of this piece, I can get you some better pics if you need them.  I have spent Over 100 hours at least reading books and looking at authentic artifacts.  Again I'm doing my best, and am looking forward to making it to a show before the summer is over.  Thanks Again for all your input!

once again you have managed to find a wonderful example of a plain old rock!  I'm not even mad because i'm pretty sure you are trolling and i find it quite amusing.

Comment

SteinKoenig wrote:

once again you have managed to find a wonderful example of a plain old rock!  I'm not even mad because i'm pretty sure you are trolling and i find it quite amusing.
      Clay, you might be right.  BTW, I see from your profile that you are from Germany.  Welcome to the forum! I think it's great to have international members :cheer:
      Charlie
      P.S. Zachary may be making honest mistakes. It's sometimes hard for experienced eyes to understand the confusion some have distinguishing natural rocks from artifacts. It's a more common situation than I would have imagined.  It's also very difficult to educate someone over the internet where such misconceptions are concerned.  One really needs to expose those in need of education to as many real artifacts as possible, and that's always best done in person where one can point to various features and explain the differences. Zachary is far from the first to show up on this forum with difficulty distinguishing plain old rock from an artifact.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Nicely put Charlie, now all I have to do is remember that or keep my mouth shut!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Well said Charlie. Everybody has to start somewhere. I dont mind seeing "just rocks" its the newbies that argue the point that annoy me!

Comment

Working...
          X