at the risk of....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at the risk of....

at the risk of being ran out of here forever,,is this a little tomahawk??

Hope you got your running shoes on Doug!
    Just messin with you, couldn't resist.
    But seriously, you might want to get a head start.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Agree Nope!! Hey Doug you do find some great artifacts, but not this one.
        Joe.

Comment

"Hope you got your running shoes on..."
          Too Funny, Greg.
          You are exactly right to question that piece, Doug.
          Looks to me like all your arrows are pointing at completely natural fractures and breaks.
          And don't you think the rest of the surfaces are too rough, too?
          Joe

Comment

Sorry, I agree with the rest. Doug my best advice to you would be hit every museum within driving range, Visit a few shows, and familiarize yourself with artifacts from your area. You have some nice finds so don't get discouraged........Running shoes!-thats funny. Ray
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

i have been looking,reading and studying local artifacts, and i know Mother Nature can do some strange things,,but when this came up out of the same hole that 90% of my good stuff came out of and i seen the the places that have the arrows pointing to them and the shape,,i had to bring it up the hill and ask,,think i will keep it as a neat geofact,,thank you all,,,,do i still need running shoes or can i hang out a bit longer?? thanks again

Comment

Keep hanging out. As you have no doubt figured out, these folks are great here and what better place to get quick answers to your questions than these forums. You posted this piece with doubt and that is something you wern't doing when you started here. Never hurts to ask and everytime we do we learn more.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

No. It is a rock.
                  Jack

Comment

Running shoes!!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: Look at it this way, Doug.  If ya run fast enough in the right direction...you'll wind up right back where ya started.  HERE!  Those are some excellent artifacts in that last photo.  Did ya get a new camera?  Awesome!
                    Pam

Comment

the lil bird points where my grandfathers,,yes i bought a lil camera with macro, a cheapo but a lot better than my cell phone,,thanks

Comment

Hang in there with us Doug
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It is better to ask and be a fool for 5 min. than to not ask and be a fool for a lifetime! -Ancient Chinese Proverb-

Comment

Brian wrote:

It is better to ask and be a fool for 5 min. than to not ask and be a fool for a lifetime! -Ancient Chinese Proverb-
                              Yep, but who wants to be a fool for any length of time?  I agree though.

Comment

I'm glad you agree1 When I started rock hunting you wouldn't believe some of the crap I fond and put in my pocket!! :laugh: I guess my O.C.D. (when it comes to pre-columbian artifacts) made me learn what was worth keeping before my pants fell down! What a hobby right?

Comment

Working...
                              X