X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neanderthal
    replied
    buildsthefire wrote:

how is it worth noting??  its just a pebble!  I see ZERO sign of human involvement except for some skillful photography and a decent imagination.  How you can draw comparisons between the deliberate, and frankly, VASTLY more sophisticated art of Paleo Europe and your gravel driveway finds is beyond me.  There is NO comparison between the masterful art of the Paleolithic and your pebbles.
        I cannot believe you cannot see it.  I believe the reason is due to lack of proper training in how to identify Creative Researching Associated (with) Paleolithic Optistimulated Lithic Art (crapola for short). 
       To stimulate the proper spiritual awareness certain procedures must be adhered to, or you will never be able to see what the rocks have to tell you. This doesn't come naturally and sometimes it takes minutes (up to 38) to perfect.  It also helps to have "mood" music, such as Spice Girls, in the background.  I personally have found that Leonard Nimoy's greatest hits works best for me. A word of caution here, dancing to the music or playing air guitar will diminish your chances of success.  Continuing on, you need to cock your head 24 degrees to the north and blink your left eye rapidly while pressing most of your body weight onto your right foot.  You will know when you have reached the correct state of "rock vertigo" when your eyes begin to water and your thoughts are consumed by chia gnomes and flannel snuggies.  Quickly move the object into your field of view and voila...you too will see it.

Leave a comment:

• buildsthefire
    replied
    True artifcats, stone tools, effigies from one ancient archaic Indian settlement in NE Ohio.

This website also shows what happens when an individual with no proper or practical training or knowledge in tools and art attempts to define their finds, without any real understanding of the processes involved, or the techniques employed by stone age cultures.  Stone worked by human hands exhibits DISTINCT CHARACTERISTICS.  It is exceedingly obvious tot he trained eye and require little thought to identify.  In the case of this website, the presence of genuine artifacts only leads to the erroneous idea that every stone nearby is also an artifact, which leads to the individuals imagination fitting each and every rock into some catagory, regardless of use wear, signs of being ground, chipped, or otherwise shaped.  I have personally worked a number of types of stone, and seen/handled HUNDREDS of genuine artifacts in private collections and museums from all over the world, and I have never once seen anything like the so-called effigies in this thread, or this website, anywhere in the world.  The overwhelming evidence, as I mentioned, is the complete lack of any shaping in any form. 
    Another point:  if it is genuine, replicate it. Virtually every tool or piece of art in any museum or throughout arrowheads.com has been replicated exactly in modern times.  So, replicate these effigies, and you will have convinced me otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• buildsthefire
    replied
    how is it worth noting??  its just a pebble!  I see ZERO sign of human involvement except for some skillful photography and a decent imagination.  How you can draw comparisons between the deliberate, and frankly, VASTLY more sophisticated art of Paleo Europe and your gravel driveway finds is beyond me.  There is NO comparison between the masterful art of the Paleolithic and your pebbles.
    That being said, your apparent lack of any real understanding of lithics or ancient art is a great source of humor.  Much like the village idiot.

Leave a comment:

• wanderingrock
    replied
    Natural or not, someone pointed out something to me that's pretty cool that I hadn't noticed before on that last one.  (It's not my stone or picture.)  Look for what could be images of volcanoes in the stone up in the guys hairline.  Note that the volcano on the guys scalp has what looks like an eruption going on.  (This may be hard to see at first but just for fun give it a try.)  Now see if you can see that eruption as the ear of an elephant.  The black dot at the upper right edge of the stone would be the eye.  The trunk comes down to the mans forehead , and ends with a little face in it.  Then there is a volcano/apex chipped into the left upper quadrant of the stone that can be seen as the elephants butt, and helps to define the hind legs.    Several other people have noted this since, so I know that it can be seen, and is worth giving a shot.  Natural or not it is worth taking note. 
    In this pic I have highlighted some of the detail a little bit to help orient the eye, but you can refer back to the other for an untouched version.  You may not even notice the difference.  I tried to be subtle.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf22
    replied
    I like that one. I can see a humna face in that one. Mother nature at work here.

Leave a comment:

• ksrocks
    replied
    Yea, I remember now Sweet Leaf. What was the name of that band??

Leave a comment:

• David Morlock
    replied
    Goodness gracious! I want some of that smoke. B)

Leave a comment:

• wanderingrock
    replied
    Let's see if this one works.  It wasn't my pic and I think it was protected.  I played with it a little and made it my own.  It should post this time.

Leave a comment:

• wanderingrock
    replied
    I guess the second pic won't post.  I will try later.

Leave a comment:

• wanderingrock
    replied
    Some folks from Europe contacted me awhile back about these.  Showed me some stuff that matches what I've been finding pretty close.  Here's some pics of European Paleo art that I am talking about.  Note in the cave art (sorry Cliff, but you will have to squint at first to see it ) that the drawn images come together with the shape of the stone to form a bear head.  It's not easy to see at first, but it's there.  It's this blending of images that have hidden these.  It's very difficult to put a scientific measurement on artistic interpretation, but I've seen enough independent charts drawn up that match to convince me that there is something to all of this.

I hope the second pic posts, it's reading as a file for some reason.
    No matter what, it seems this has generated a lot of interest, and I do have a lot more to explain before I really expect this to start making more sense. So please bear with me until then.  I have a very busy schedule, and I just got my camera up and running.  Now I need to find this guy in my storage.  The pics I've shown so far are many years old.  You will see all sides of this guy soon.

Leave a comment:

• Wildhorse
    replied
    I think that we will never be able to show you enough to have you understand Native American work. but here are a few really old stone carvings. You just don't get much older.

Leave a comment:

• CliffJ
    replied
    These are effigies of something-  Note the obvious tool marks and deliberateness of the artists on all of these stone effigies.
    Gault Site Texas effigies

Leave a comment:

• CliffJ
    replied
    Stone Archaic Effigies

Leave a comment:

• CliffJ
    replied
    A start
    Stone Paleo Effigies

Leave a comment:

• wanderingrock
    replied
    Thank you Wild Horse, this is the kind of thing I'm here for.  These all seem to be wood though and of a much later period.  How about something Paleo and made of stone?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X