Odd shaped rocks curious if anyone has insight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd shaped rocks curious if anyone has insight

These 3 rocks were picked out of my new lawn last summer. I collect rocks and have always kept an eye to the ground. I found a lot of odd rocks concentrated in our .5 acre yard that are different then what I am used to.

Sorry that some do not have anything for scale.

One is granite egg shaped and surprisingly smooth. I also found a Similar one that is smaller.

One is tear drop shaped granite about 4 inches long. It is smooth as well and flat on the bottom side.

The 3rd one is just straight weird. It has a 90 degree angle and at the corner of that angle there is a groove with small holes / pockets that goes around the entire rock.

I don't think that all 3 are anything special other then weird rocks, but I was mostly curious about the egg shaped one.

Location is South Central Minnesota
    South Central Minnesota

just rocks .
    I gotta ask have you found any chipped artifacts on this .5 acre? If no then whey are you assuming these could be anything? The angled one is limestone. The round does have a granite like look to it but the egg shaped one looks like some type of sandstone to me. Like I said just rocks.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

life is short...TIME is valuable !
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Rocks that are water worn from Noah’s flood or from the glaciers that immediately followed. (Glacially deposited like Greg said) . The round one would have made a good boiling stone if found on a known NA site.

Comment

Working...
        X