Effigy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effigy??

Hey guys. This is flint with a few painted spots on it. Anyone know what it is? Took pics of several angles. Found near Ohio river in southern Ohio.

Hi Jenpietz ..welcome from Florida..I am a commercial artist 60 years...It seems this subject comes up quite frequently, and at the risk of hurting feelings while searching for the truth I must, I repeat, I must suggest to you that it would be an insult to me and any Native American artist to refer to what some would call natural stones and say we modified em in any way to represent either animals birds or us, we would like to you to rate our artwork a little higher than sloppy...I see you have an intense desire to find an effigy, maybe you will, maybe not, I have been hunting, like many other folks for many years and few were ever found, ( please don’t look on Pinterest and think they are common ) , keep on lookin , don’t give up, stay tuned to this site and like me continue to learn and maybe one day we will find a really nice effigy, I hope... You’re young enough, I’m not but I’m rooting for ya...Hint:, Never quit, quiters never find squat, well maybe that’s all they find.Lol.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

It may be flint, I’m not certain, but it does clearly appear to be an unmodified-by-humans pebble. It has not been altered in other words, but is simply a pebble, and not an effigy. With experience, you will learn how to recognize when a rock has been flaked into the many tool types fashioned from flint. Lots of nice flint in Ohio. Good luck.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Rock yes effigy no
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Ok, thank you all. What about these?

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Just rocks, sorry

Click image for larger version

Name:	VultureLunchCrew.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	500143
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

• Jenpietz
            Jenpietz commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea, me too! Lol

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s a sight for sore eyes, it’s been a while since I drove down a lonely road and saw something like that.

Originally posted by tomclark View Post
          Click image for larger version  Name:	VultureLunchCrew.jpg Views:	9 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	500143

Comment

Working...
          X