They really do exist....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They really do exist....

hunted a new field last week - southern Illinois, Mississippi river bottoms - I’m lucky enough to live on this sacred land, getting to hunt almost everyday - I am beyond grateful.

Found these in a neighbors field (he gave permission, but rolled his eyes and said “anything that was there to find - has already been found” — Challenge accepted 🙃😉

i found many many broken pieces - nothing really great.... I’m not one to only pick up flint and am known to drag home everything.. pound stones, sand stone... I don’t discriminate

a few days went by and by and I remembered I never checked out and washed my “misc. rocks”

i started washing them and couldnt believe what what I had...

*yes, I am one of “those” people who take time to examine and “read” each rock - often seeing “things” (faces, animals even words and messages) - I don’t care if another soul sees what I see - it’s a spiritual thing to me.... I do wear my family out with my “loook can’t you see...” after the ten thousandth “bird head” I know they just think I’m silly....

well even my skeptical family couldn’t deny this...

The few effigies I have seen and handled, are undeniably worked by human hands. If you have to look hard to see something in a rock; its just a rock. Keep looking! You will instantly know when you find a true artifact.
    Fayette County, southern Illinois

Comment

Oh, there is a lady/member here your going to bond with. Her name is Cecilia !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Pareidolia. All natural un altered by man rocks. Yes rocks really do exist and mother nature is a phenominal artist!
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nothing wrong with seeing whatever you see in any rock at all. Anymore than it’s wrong to see images in clouds. But, to experienced artifact hunters, it’s know to be very true that effigies do exist, but also true that we experienced artifact collectors recognize people can be mistaken in both misidentifying natural rocks as artifacts, and misidentifying rocks as effigies. Yes, effigies do exist, but not in this case. Prehistoric Native Americans were as accomplished as artists and artisans as any other group of prehistoric cultures. Without obvious evidence of modification by man, such rocks as you show have only the human imagination to rely on to see images, and therefore do not fall into those rocks we call human artifacts, be they functional tools, or objects of art.
          Rhode Island

Comment

I guess we can agree to disagree ☺️

Comment

• CMD
              CMD commented
              Editing a comment
              Sure, you’re free to believe what you want to believe. Maybe a variation on a person being “entitled to their own opinion, but not entitled to their own facts”. The visible facts demonstrate it is not a man made effigy.

• utilized flake
              utilized flake commented
              Editing a comment
              If you spend time collecting rocks...you're going to miss out on finding a lot of actual artifacts.
              Last edited by utilized flake; 12-19-2020, 09:51 PM.

Here’s one I picked up in my daughters walkway gravel, I know it’s not an artifact, but I’m usin it as a worry stone, it’s got a nice polish, and it reminds me of a stylized duck head...I’ll probably carry it around fo a long time, I can’t really explain the feeling I got/get when I hold it, like some stone points, they just feel good in hand.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	EE17AC36-428E-4560-ACBB-8C78EB436E96.jpeg
Views:	490
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	517478 Click image for larger version

Name:	CACA9435-D68F-4E7F-B6CC-F80021B570B2.jpeg
Views:	459
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	517479 Click image for larger version

Name:	03F544C3-0B09-4F55-B238-5BBFA3A80B75.jpeg
Views:	441
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	517480 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFBC488D-00EE-4B77-A888-B1365BA9A7FB.jpeg
Views:	454
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	517481 Click image for larger version

Name:	1048661D-3943-4E95-B297-4193C21777AC.jpeg
Views:	477
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	517482
            Floridaboy.

Comment

• utilized flake
              utilized flake commented
              Editing a comment
              Come on Hal...that rock is a false idol, and encourages artifactus postrockus

• Hal Gorges
              Hal Gorges commented
              Editing a comment
              What,?...Huh,!..Ha, That’s funny, ..

You have chosen the right user name. Rocks are calling out to you and that’s okay. Just don’t try to make into something they’re not.
            Child of the tides

Comment

So.....................
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Goddess, you and my wife would get along great! She sees images in many of the rocks we bring home. Here's one she is convinced is a dog effigy. I tried to say it was just a flake, too thin to be an effigy. She wasn't convinced!
                Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

• TexAg
                  TexAg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are right Knapper! Happy wife, happy life!

• TexAg
                  TexAg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You’ve got to admit, that cortex cap on that dachshund sitting up looks pretty cool, lol!

• Narrow Way Knapper
                  Narrow Way Knapper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That flake was probably made before dachunds existed. It is cool!

This hafted scraper I found is a George Washington look a like. Click image for larger version

Name:	geo1 copy.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	517718
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It is good to have imagination and be able to see things other folks don't. Keep looking Goddess there are plenty of great artifacts underfoot just waiting to be found.

Comment

Kim
                  Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                    This hafted scraper I found is a George Washington look a like. Click image for larger version

Name:	geo1 copy.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	517718
                    By George Hoss, I think you got it. Kim
                    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Nice one Kim!
                      South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                      X