No announcement yet.

Wasnt born last night but still wet behind the ears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to close to the lake but I live on Barney Creek... Well heck, I just answered my own question, I know what it is now, it's that Dinosaur they call Barney... Lol but in all seriousness, all jokes aside , I do believe it to be a fossil of some sort of creature, I recommend it's one of them" you'd have to see it to believe it "things...I know I gotta figure something out because it's drying out n I'm afraid it's gonna fall apart..

Comment

As far as my driveway... This is what I was talking about... As far as the "root", fossil, stump or whatever it is I was hoping maybe someone could point me in the right direction as to how or where or what I needed to do to find out exactly what it is

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Call McClung in Knoxville Monroe county is just down the road from there. Maybe thgey can look at it. Another place to have it examined is Smoky Mountain Relic Room exit 407 off of I 40 down stairs in the knife works. They will know itf its a fossil. Take a pair of pliers and grab a hold of a pin heat up the pin red hot and touch it to where you think it is bone. if it smells like burnt wood its a stump. if it smells like burnt hair its bone. If it dont smell its rock. Pretty sure its gonna smell like wood. Another place to ask would be down in Charles Hall museum Cherhola skyway in Tellico plains . The museum down there has guns and artifacts on display . They might be able to help. the sweetwater historical society has a museum as well. https://tennesseeoverhill.com/sweetw...ritage-museum/. You have quite a few places locally to you that can help.

And I'm not saying that they are all genuine (which is why I'm not trying to sell them) because I'm sure there are several fakes but there are several real as well and I'm not confident enough to make that call, and my batteries are dead.. Lol

Comment

Well you posted a bunch of totally unrelated items but in the middle of that natural gravel, there appears to be a very nice artifact. Better pics of it please

Comment

This
          Attached Files

Comment

Just picked them up as well

Comment

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              broken projectile point or a knife . Hard to say how old the stem base looks broken off leaving only the point.

What about these?

Comment

• Garguy
              Garguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Just rocks

Looks like wood to me if you “wood” have drilled a couple holes it would have stumped everyone

Comment

On the one side with color it looks like an old root with tree sap . Almost like amber turns but not that old .
              I’ll just go with organic material but what idk .

Comment

10/4.. Thanks y'all...I have been in touch with David Anderson from UTK, and Amanda from McClung, actually had emails out to them for a month or so and just recently made contact, it's just a slow process going through all the channels.. And you r are correct, they are all rocks, sex rocks... Lol

Comment

What ?
                  Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Just found this one in a root ball of a tree

Comment

• Hoss
                      Hoss commented
                      Editing a comment
                      wash that one off and share some new photos of it.

It has a chip on the side but I have it

Comment

Working...
                    X