No announcement yet.

Hello to all from Roxbury NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I’m not a regular poster on this site, but I think we need a new policy… when someone “knows too much for their own good” like this knucklehead, we should just not post a single response and move forward as if the thread had never been started. These things ALWAYS deteriorated into a dumpster fire… let it burn out on its own

Comment

• Kaz
      Kaz commented
      Editing a comment
      I kind of find these types of threads very entertaining. Unfortunately you can’t always determine the knucklehead factor until you see how they react to some responses especially with a new member. It looks like this guy has put in a huge amount of effort and has some strong beliefs. Hopefully he will learn something and stop wasting his and our time.

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Kaz, We can always HOPE.

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      This guy was banned just two months ago so ignoring his nonsense didn't work.

Epic troll job.

Comment

Poke around his YouTube channel, including the community section. I think he’s serious, not trolling. I know it’s been mentioned before on this forum that highly creative individuals are more prone to paredolia and he is an inventor of sorts in his industry.

Chris - I hope what you take from this is not necessarily that everybody wants to pick on your theories for the sake of covering something up, but that the majority of what you’ve shown seem to all of us to be natural rocks. I have a feeling that while some of the things you’ve found are of historical interest, any experienced person who’s seen the rocks in person has probably told you the same thing, at least about those rocks. They may be clustered together because they were used as drainage/fill for leveling the floor or something. You might do the same thing if you are potting a plant or pouring a concrete footer. There are a lot of possibilities, the least likely of which are the extreme theories. It’s obvious you’ve got the interest and drive to make and document discoveries, but they don’t have to follow an outlandish storyline to be notable. Several members on this forum, including some who have commented on this post, have actually made notable contributions to our knowledge of past people. I implore you to take a step back and consider how you want to use your talents in the future, and how you want to be remembered. Many of us made similar types of miss identification like seeing “sculptures” early on (we might not have made YouTube channels, showing it all off and connecting it to grandiose theories).

Maybe in a couple years we will go back and check out your channel and it will be full of cool, walk-through videos of ruins, historical artifacts, and things you find that you admit you don’t know what they are. Please consider it, and be well.

Last edited by BoilerMike; 08-24-2023, 12:52 PM.
      Central Indiana

Comment

Sadly, it transpires that Chris Beal was previously banned and has joined us again with a new user name. He's now banned for a second time. I will block his IP address if he makes a third attempt.
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Is the good doctors performance the online equivalent of streaking?

Comment

And the Rock Clown slips through the cracks yet again…. Gets more views than a G~10 Clovis.
            ~~ a complete waste of time for this site ~~
            mods, admins… when’s it gonna stop..?
            Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

where's the meds when you need them or is that the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorth View Post
                And the Rock Clown slips through the cracks yet again…. Gets more views than a G~10 Clovis.
                ~~ a complete waste of time for this site ~~
                mods, admins… when’s it gonna stop..?
                It would be a sad world if forum participants were banned just because they hold alternative views and we don’t police member posts in that way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Sometimes these alternative views can result in useful discussion about why the theorisation doesn’t hold any water.

We only resort to banning when clearly false information is presented as if it were factual and/or when the poster is persistently argumentative in the face of well-presented contradictory facts (or of course if the poster becomes abusive, which was not the case here).

We have the options for permanent bans or time-limited bans to allow for a bit of cooling off. There’s no easy way to prevent previously banned users from creating a new account if they use a new name and new email address although they will ultimately be caught out. Both of the email addresses used by Chris Beal are now blocked. Blocking the IP address is a last resort, but not ideal because IP addresses are not sufficiently unique that they relate only to one user.

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
                X