Fake or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake or not?

So, my Daughter and I have a little debate going on and we are hoping you all can settle it for us. Almost a year ago my girl found this cute little guy. She thought it looked to perfect (knapped) to be real. I told her of course it's real! Who else would knapp it and but it in the mountains?!? It was found about 4-5 feet from this black heartbreaker I found. What do you all think?

Would love to see the other side, but I see nothing to indicate its not real. A perfect point is not a indication of authenticity. Other factors play a larger role in weather it is real or not. The fact she found it out in the woods has a bigger factor of being real. JMO Course it could have been purchased and salted into a known site but the odds are diminished greatly. Post the other side and the base that would help.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

what Chase said. authentic artifact from what I see. Fakes are usually made to appear like the high end/valuable artifacts and usually done with the intent of fooling someone out of their money....ebay is full of them! Occasionally someone stops by a forum and posts a fake as a fishing expedition to see if it can fool someone. Folks that know what they are looking at are pretty good at spotting the fakes although some are difficult to differentiate by picture only. Many a fool has lost money purchasing fakes....of course, anyone that is found to be being deceptive on any given forum gets the boot pretty quickly.
      Last edited by cgode; 01-07-2016, 04:15 PM.
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

I figured it was real, but in her head she thinks it's fake...lol. So thanks so much for your help! 👍😀 I told her she could give it to me!! But, since she read this she's keeping it lol!

Comment

The point looks like a GB point type, Gunther falls into that shape as well as a calapooya point type
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Hotrodmom
            Hotrodmom commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much!!

That is a nice little point. Your daughter is just goofing on you!

Comment

Offer to take it off her hands!
            Child of the tides

Comment

Well if she doesn't want it, you can mail it to me

Comment

Very nice points
                South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                X