REAL Heartbreaker! 😓

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAL Heartbreaker! 😓

My girl and I went hiking yesterday. All our places have snow now but this one had a little, mostly melted. I was having zero luck until I came upon this beauty lying in the ground. Took my pic, soooo excited...pulled it out, and it was NOTHING. I might have cried a little. Has this ever happened to any of you? It really looked like something, darn it. My girl found two broken worked on pieces. Not the best hunt, but quite a fun little hike. ❤️

Dang. Sorry about that. Don't feel bad though, I could fill a wall full of frames full of leaves and plastic and such.
    \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

• Hotrodmom
      Hotrodmom commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I get pretty bummed out when I don't find anything. This one had me soooo excited, then....soooo sad. Oh well, it does happen. Leaves get me all day long! LOL

What's the other side look like? That's happened to me a gazillion times. Good for making the heart skip a few beats though.

Comment

Yeah, if we could find as many actual artifacts as junk we flip or pick up it would be nice.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodmom View Post
        Has this ever happened to any of you?
        Nooooo, never.
        Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

I feel your pain! Usually winter is when we get the big coastal blows that wash lots of good stuff ashore. Nothing now since November! I'm really bummed out.
          Child of the tides

Comment

Originally posted by rixdafix View Post
            Nooooo, never.
            Nope me either, But I once got run over by a person wanting to beat me to a flake.
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I once had the opportunity to have an archaeologist look over my collection from the years. He was more interested in several of the broken points I had than many of the whole ones. As he explained to me that "just because you didn't find the whole skeleton is no reason to overlook one single bone"...those are artifacts that you found nonetheless. Since then I have looked at the bits and pieces that I previously disregarded in a much different light. Nice finds.
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

If you want frustration, you should hunt around the seacoast. Broken pieces of clam shell covered with every color of algae or weed.....all broken in the perfect shapes....I've picked up a million of them.

Comment

Working...
                X