Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got completely soaked for one little point... worth it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got completely soaked for one little point... worth it.

Hello,

I was looking forward to going out yesterday, but I was just feeling too sick. I woke up this morning feeling ok, so I figured I'd go out even though it was pouring. I checked two sites and found nothing at the first, but got completely soaked to the bone. Since I was soaked I decided I was just going to go home but once I got back to the car I didn't want to let the day go to waste. So I headed over to my favorite spot with two hours of daylight left. I found just one little wading river point but it made the whole trip worth it.

I also found this broken point, I think it kind of resembles a Snappit base. Can anyone give an opinion on this one? Snappit, Squibnocket, something else?

Here are a couple other pieces I found this month. No insitu's on these two.

Earlier this month I also decided to recheck a new spot where I had yet to find anything. I have only been told that points can be found at this site, and it's still last years corn surface, but I did manage to find a broken triangle, not much, but gets me excited for when it gets plowed again.

So it's been a bit slow lately, I've seen a lot of other point hunters at the spots and I suppose they've been picked over pretty well at this point. Looking forward to when they turn the fields over in the spring. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by -=METACOM=-; 01-13-2016, 12:34 AM.

I would get soaked to find that point I do believe.

Comment

Yep. Worth a trip in the rain to me.
      \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

Nice pics and thanks for telling the story, takes us on the hunt with you; though I'm still dry!!!

Comment

finding a quartz point always makes it a worth while outing

Comment

Yep, completely worth it.

Comment

I would go out in the rain....but they say that Bull sh*t melts!
              Nice finds! Quartz is a tough material to work. Thanks for sharing!
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Any find makes any trip worth taking. Nice one
                Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Good job. It's a nice one
                  South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                  X