First Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Frame

Finally bought a couple frames. I only worked on one so far. I'm a little worried about the glass pressing down on them so hard, have frames like these been known to break points? Anyway, here it is, not the best picture.

Nice job. No, frames like that won't hurt the points at all. Decades ago, collectors used to wire points onto cardboard and wooden frames. The wire often damaged points.
    Rhode Island

Comment

A year ago I never thought I could have a collection like that, I love it, thanks Charlie.

Comment

Nice job on the frame. The points are safe in there.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice, doesn't it feel good filling up that first frame? A lot of miles and memories in there. Congrats.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Good looking frame.

Comment

Yep nice frame of arrowheads! I had a frame, set it on it's end on a table and my cat knocked it over and that (impact pressure of flint to glass) only scratched the glass.
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Not to worry. I know it seems the glass is really pressing down hard, but eventually your points will create their own concave indentations in the foam. Word of caution: if you tip the frame, the thinner points may slide and get chipped.
                Child of the tides

Comment

I actually stuffed my frame behind the foam to make it sit higher with the bubble wrap it came in. This eliminates the sliding of smaller points while staying hidden behind the felt and foam. Good looking frame Metacom. Lets get another in 2016
                  Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Great job on the frame! Very nice collection too! Thanks for sharing!
                    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I was nervous about frames at first too. It is the safest way to store them for sure though. Beautiful. Awesome part of this hobby is arranging frames on rainy days!

Comment

Nice frame! Mass or RI I'm guessing from the material.

Comment

Working...
                        X