Let this be a lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let this be a lesson

Found this one two weekends ago after an 8 mile hike. I was so tired that when I was putting it in my ziplock bag I keep in my backpack I didn’t notice the bag had a hole in it. It fell back in the water and I did not discover this until after I got back to my car. I went back the next day and could not locate it. New leaves fell over the spot and covered the entire bottom. I looked for an hour in a 10 foot area. I’ll never be that careless again. Thankfully it wasn’t a lost lake Click image for larger version  Name:	23A11BFE-106A-4D18-A53E-B0AAB3B4209C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	278.9 KB ID:	272201
    Last edited by lukecreekwalker; 11-16-2017, 12:01 AM.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Sorry Mike, That is a real nice point too. I hope you find it yet again.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I have had a similar experience Mike. That was about 8 months ago and I am still looking .
      Hopefully you find it again soon.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
        lukecreekwalker commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s amazing going back less than 24 hours later how much the creek changed with new leaves on the ground. They hide things very well. Looking for one rock in a million is also pretty daunting

Man
      that sucks. Hopefully you’ll be reunited that thing soon!!!!!

Comment

Bummer
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Gives You reason to keep looking out there, because You know there is Something out there. At least You got a Picture of It, cool Find! You probably need a .
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

That one hurts! Lesson learned though I'm sure, good luck finding it again!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Yep.
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

Sorry about that one, bummer.. It was a dandy. We talked about this once here. It was a discussion about what everyone used to secure their finds while in the field.
                Mine just happens to be a small vitamin D bottle. It’s blue, and I won’t leave home without it. If I find an extra special one, it will get zipped up in my camera case, in a little padded pocket. Sorry again
                South Dakota

Comment

I bet that Indian is laughing though. Lol yea this wound is still very fresh. So frustrating. Hope I see it again.
                  Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

That is a bad situation, the only antler tine arrow point I ever found, I put it in my shirt pocket and at end of day it was not there, felt sure somewhere I bent over and it fell out but did not know where to start looking.
                    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
                      Editing a comment
                      I had a sick feeling in my stomach the rest of the evening until I drove back the next morning. If I didn’t at least attempt to find it I would have went crazy. The only problem is this is 45 minutes away from where I live lol

That is a sweet point. Sorry you lost it. It may be in your pack.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I flipped that thing inside out at least 10 times lol. If it turns up again that will be neat though
                      Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

😢 I've had similar experiences with some of my small z scale train components. They fall onto the floor & disappear into a black hole, never to see the light of day again. I crawl on hands & knees for hours and nothing. Where do they all go??? I feel for you.
                        Child of the tides

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
                          Editing a comment
                          It really is amazing to be in the exact area you know you dropped something and then simply cannot relocate it. If you wear contact lenses those are especially fun to drop because they are small and clear and you are blind haha.

It would be even worse if you did't have a pic! I was lost once before.... almost fitting???? Full circle. I have lost some while digging, leaving them on the surface in front of me, then enlarging the hole, LOL, taking the point with it...into the spoil pile. Rarely found it again. Almost choked/swallowed a bead I had in my mouth hahahahaha!! (yes I cleaned it off before nom nomming it). Walking sites, certain back pockets deep and closed are for special finds. Front left pocket for this and that. Upper right shirt pocket for this etc etc hahahaha. I often bring little plastic specimen baggies and some toilet paper (for two reasons). Unless chips, only one artifact per pocket! muhaha. Funny I put items away right away even if digging and show it all off later. Some fellows jump out of the hole to see or show what's been found every time. I stay busy and show it on the way home one at a time, exposing first the tip, then sloooowly a little more until....LOL.
                        Professor Shellman
                        Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
                        X