• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbreaker blade

Click image for larger version

Name:	3C9AF016-95F6-461E-BE69-06CAEFA3A4A1.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	272794 Well I went back to try to locate the lost point and didn’t have any luck. I found this along the way and I want to say it’s early but I’m afraid too much of it is gone. Would have been huge and I’m sure one of these trips I will find my clovis. For now this is as close as I’ve came. Same general shape and I don’t think it is but I can still dream.

Name:	946E6948-31BD-446E-8A65-F34F3F2D9837.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	272793
    Montani Semper Liberi

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and I will be back in the woods as soon as the rifles cease lol
    Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

• searchinghawk
      searchinghawk commented
      Editing a comment
      looks early for sure,,possibly late paleo lanceolate

Sure looks Clovis like is other side fluted?
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
      lukecreekwalker commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately no....the closest thing to a flute is that thinning strike at the base. I realize there isn’t enough here to determine age and it’s very creek worn. I stormed past it then caught it out of the corner of my eye and had to turn around to pick it up lol

I think the creek gave you a very good trade don’t you ?
    yeah I can’t walk the fields there are double the hunters this year . Went to the meat processor and they can’t take any

Comment

It's a lot of heartache in that Creek...💔💔💔
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Ah man, that's rough, but a great find at the same time.

Comment

Still cool and old.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Ditto that! Yeah, some fool around here waits until after dark to blam away with his favorite weapon of choice. Don't know what the hell he's shooting at but it's truly annoying.
            Child of the tides

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
              Editing a comment
              Yea the landowner told me he has several poachers on his property. I told him I wouldn’t be back until after the deer rifle season is over. I brought him a chocolate pecan pie as a thank you for letting me look all the time. It’s a shame someone as nice as he is has to deal with trespassers leaving their beer cans and poaching animals. Stay safe out there and happy thanksgiving to you

Looks like it was very well made, so probably archaic at least. Nice example of Carter Cave chert ! Nice find! Thanks for sharing!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
              Editing a comment
              my eyes have grown accustomed to carter this year. I’d hate to see what all I’ve missed these past couple years because I was looking for Black kanawha only lol

Name:	IMG_5083.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	273223Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5082.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	273220Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5081.JPG
Views:	43
ID:	273224Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5081.JPG
Views:	48
ID:	273222 I feel your pain! Still a great find and now you know what may show up in the future. I found one similar to yours last week. Mine is broke on both ends. This is what keeps us coming back for more.....
            Attached Files

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
              Editing a comment
              Nice find. I’ve seen others find both parts of brokes but I’ve never been that lucky yet. Yours looks like a behemoth too lol. Best of luck down there in TN. You sure do got a lot of great artifacts down that way. I feel WV does too but it pales in comparison to TN and KY
          Working...
          X