Pocket full of dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket full of dreams

Well pocket full of dreams was all I got this fall . Toooo many hunters to walk any fields . But after all rains in the spring I might get lucky . Went to my old camp and collected some beautiful chips of lithics I like . Love to put them in a jar like sea glass and pull them out and look at the work on them .
    Couple of broken pieces .
    It’s just good to get out right ?

With all those flakes, worked pieces and pottery, there has to be some good points around.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Hey Tam - Like they say in hunting parlance, you got some good sign there. Have to agree with Willjo.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Those are very promising flakes and debitage Tam. You are very close...maybe you have found a manufacturing site...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Amen Tamar. Getting out is the most important part, if you are not looking you can't possibly find anything.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Lots of good sign there
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hope you get a great one next time out. Odds look good for a point.
              Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Always nice to get out, nice walk and finds!
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks my friends . All the birdies and small points , to a drill I have posted in the past are from that camp .
                  The larger knife or 3 I have posted are from the washouts I showed you . But what I am excited about is when the spring rains come AND I am going to ask my neighbors if I can walk a corn field . I never have and have seen them on Utube.
                  Still have to do the creek . So many Artifacts so little time .

Comment

Sounds like a field of dreams...waiting to be found! Good luck !

Comment

Tam, I feel your pain. My beaches have been swept clean by county graders cleaning up summer detritus. Even the shells are gone, turned under. I've walked the beach twice this week & not a glass shard or drift wood to be seen. Will have to await the winter & spring nor'easters. ☹️
                      Child of the tides

Comment

I like the flakes in a jar idea, perhaps I will make a colorful rhyolite jar. That first material looks like toffee lol. I always love collecting the materials just as much as the points, cool stuff.

Comment

Definitely points to still be found in that camp!
                          South Dakota

Comment

I`m with you and Bruce...if you dont go lookin you won`t find `em. and i think its really amazing that your eye is good enough to spot all those bits and pieces and not just some old clovis! lol Well done you
                            If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

Yeah I would be excited for sure finding all those flakes !!!
                              As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                              NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                              X