Never forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never forget

The only finds that stand out more than my own. Didn't think that feeling could be topped but it was that day hearing his voice and turning to see his face as he picked up his first own his own. Undescribable and absolutely unforgettable! First two pics are same point his first then his second and third
    I have video I'm trying to find to post.

He needs the title of" little s**t" that is great. thanks for sharing!!!!!!
    Last edited by painshill; 09-28-2021, 06:40 PM.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

What you talking bout he answers to it lol. Maybe we can post him another today. He said we have to go to creek for his b-day he turned 4 yesterday

Comment

Congratulations Derek what an awesome/proud feeling it is having your little one find his first point! I'll never forget when it happened to me. And wow what a beautiful one!
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

It doesn't get any better that that.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Really great when the kids go with you, now it is my son and grandkids. Nice point fantastic smile on his face.
            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Super Great Memories. Know the feeling well. Enjoy it - They grow up way too fast.
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Priceless. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_37783.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	285564 Click image for larger version

Name:	5593c78270ad2794accdff5f11746b19_1000-images-about-happy-funny-happy-birthday-clip-art-free_436-500.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	285563
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Awesome Derek he has the "eye' already...way cool man...
                  The chase is better than the catch...
                  I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Thanks y'all. He surely has the eye but more so the passion. No matter time of day, weather, or the hours I've worked he wants to go. Makes it nice having your site in your back yard

Comment

You have an absolutely incredible yielding site there Derek. Just some advice...be cautious as to just how much info you let out on your location. There are people that will think nothing of it to trespass on private land if they think there is something of value to be had. Of course I don't mean anyone here but there are lurkers out there that troll these sites for that purpose. Keep up the finds man...you really have a historic site there...
                      The chase is better than the catch...
                      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Such good fun for the both of you . I took my GD out to hunt for shells and I thought at 6 she was finding gold .
                        such enthusiam . Can’t wait for her to go to hunt for points .

Comment

Dereck put him in my first point . That thread going on ... to cute .

Comment

Not to worried bout trespassers here but yes I've had that problem other places. To get to this sure you have to go thru my yard my father law or brother in laws yard which farms the land or about half a mile strait across the property is my uncle's farm and house so no acres with out being seen. Creek starts on our land and dumps in river in our land

Comment

• BabaORiley
                              BabaORiley commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I figured you probably had it locked down pretty good. Just a little advice...you really have a gold mine there...

• Derek Gilley
                              Derek Gilley commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks for the heads-up we deal with this all the time. I can't believe it hasn't been found already by someone hell even me. It's my in-laws land (I married my best friends sister) Me and about 20 others grew up in this creek woods and Fields on 4 wheelers and hunting and partying. Then I hunted for ten pls year's early 2000s and still never went there or knew about it. Then got married moved on the land had an argument left walking and you know the rest. I'll always cherish that disagreement

Hi. Derek. Some more really super Early Archaic types. A fine looking son you have. Have you tried to type those? Looks like 3 different points.

Comment

Working...
                            X