Show Your First Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Your First Point

Hello all. If you have a picture and/or story of the first projectile point that you have ever found, please feel free to post it in his thread. This is my first. The first always has a special place in the heart. I’m excited to see and hear about what you’ve got! My first is also pictured in my avatar.
    Last edited by eannis6; 04-10-2018, 09:36 AM.
    If both artifact and hunter lie idle, they will not meet.

I'll never forget my first point. I forgot where it is now......! Give us the stories with the points/artifact pls boom.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea! I edited the original post to ask for everyone’s awesome stories

Just after we moved here on the mountain in 2007, I was walking the property and found a washout. I was looking at the area where the cows always walked and found this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chopper4.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	295302 Click image for larger version

Name:	Chopper2.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	295305 Click image for larger version

Name:	Chopper3.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	295306

I knew the minute I saw it that it had been worked but did not know what it was because it was broken. I had just washed out of the clay bank. That lite my fire to get back to hunting arrowheads here on the mountain.
    Attached Files
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

About 15 years or so ago, I lived a short walk away from the Little Bosque river outside of Waco, TX and I used to go fishing there quite often. One day while fishing I looked down and saw this little gem. I hadn't given it much thought until the artifact bug caught me about 5 months ago. I really really really wish I had access to that stretch of the river again!!

Name:	IMG_8657.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	295322 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8660.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	295321
    Kevin - North/Central Texas

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet point! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Well it's not pretty and barely recognizable as an artifact but this my first find ever. My second and third find are still some of my best finds. Cool thread eannis6😎! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3745.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	295362
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the quartz points! Thanks for sharing!

A quartz wading river! Made a post about it on here! Great minds think alike
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aw man that’s a pretty one! Thanks for sharing!

My Dad used to take us digging on weekends. I was a little kid an old T handled army shovel in my hands. I would dig a while and get bored like any kid would do. I would find my self wandering off to the creek that had a huge Cast Iron cook pot imbeded in the sandy bottom. Then I would follow the creek down to the lake and skim rocks. Only to have my dad call us back when it was time to leave. Always the same thing he would hand me back my shovel and have me back fill the holes he dug. I scooped some dirt and threw it in the hole and a small middle archaic white quartz point tumbled down into the hole. I dove on it. I was five or six at the time. The point is in a frame that my Dad gave my brother a long time ago. I get to visit it when I go to CT. One of these days I will break him down and get him to trade for another point. SO far he has been adamant that " This was the way dad made it, this is the way I want to keep it!" . I keep trying though. Not a g 10 it has a hint of red in it and everyone I showed it too always asked me if it was blood stains. Nope just a hint of iron possibly.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are the memories that we can cherish forever! Thank you for sharing that story!

This is the point that changed my way of thinking. I was deer hunting about 3 years ago when I almost set on this one or I never would have found it. I was walking along a ridge line looking for a good place to hunt from . I stopped at a little over hang that looked over a spring at the bottom of the hill. It was a good place sence I had no stand up. It was really dry and leaves thick every where. I normaly clean a spot to remove leaves so I make less noise, but their was a place were water washed over the over hang it was free of leaves and nice and sandy. Went to set on my nice soft seat I have found and their it was. The only thing I hunt now is rocks.

Comment

• Arti Facter
      Arti Facter commented
      Editing a comment
      I've noticed many posters on this site find artifacts in the same places they hunt game. Makes a person realize they are carrying on a tradition that has been going on since man first felt the pangs of hunger in his stomach. The areas that appeal to you as a hunter also appealed to past civilizations for the same reasons.
      Never lose that game stalking knowledge and you will always be successful in hunting artifacts.
      Last edited by Arti Facter; 04-11-2018, 11:42 AM.

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet! What a story! I was about to say just what artifacter did. Cool find!

Over 60 years ago my dad was leading my brother and me on a donkey up in the high country. When my dad stopped for a smoke I found this obsidian blade on the trail and still looking.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      You might have to try your pic again. I fixed your post that was marked unnaproved by a glitch in the system...

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      How neat! I’m having trouble viewing your pictures!

This is my one and only personal find. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180217_124651.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	295463 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180217_124753.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	295464
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing Bruce, I love the notches!

All the points I found as a kid were picked up and thrown at my brother . The lakes in Michigan where I would visit my Aunt just lapped little waves like panning for gold . A slow wave motion and the tiny bird points were everywhere .
    After going hunting with my husband in Georgia we noticed all the large knives / points he found were on trails next to streams or springs so yes these Archaic pieces were part of the past we today replicate in hunting . I felt shunked never finding anything just chips so the boys took me to a sure fire known woodland camp . It had just been plowed to plant new pines . After picking up 50 chips this was just sitting on the top of a mound the rain exposed . It’s a New Market point which actually has a very strange I call ball point pin tip ,, which you can tell is now gone . Had it in a collection with bigger points that knocked the little tip off . Lesson learned .
    But I was so excited like a little kid . Yelled out point .

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing Tam, cool point and story!

eannis very cool thread . I love hearing the stories .

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have!!!

Here is my first find that I really remember. I was around 16 years old and use to fish the lake bottoms on Cherokee Lake in Morristown TN when they lowered the elevation. I was walking along the bank fishing and look down and see this. I wasn’t into arrowhead hunting and didn’t start hunting til about a year ago. It has always stayed in my tackle box until recently and now it stays in my arrowhead case. What’s sad is I hardly ever think about fishing now....

I do have some points that me, my brother and dad found, probably more like my brother and dad found because I was around 4ish so won’t count those. I do remember the trip, it was on the Little T before Tellico Lake was flooded. We found these after we had been fishing then we had an unexpected stay on the river that night because the fog rolled in and my dad couldn’t find the launch ramp, when it got light the next day we were across from the ramp. It was a cold night.

Name:	C1DEFD6E-4229-4519-9BF3-DBDA496C01F2.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	295725 Click image for larger version

Name:	74ACE0AE-4FAD-4E28-8AA7-45A71A90D174.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	295724

Comment

• eannis6
      eannis6 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a fantastic story, thanks for sharing! Nice artifacts!

Great story

Comment

This is the story behind my first arrowhead. I had done a lot of searching for hours and hours beginning in February of 2016 to find an arrowhead. I wanted to find one really badly but continued being unsuccessful. Friends told me where to look, but it wasn’t until one man told me to go check “on the far side of the creek” where he stated that he knew some people that found spear points over there. I bought a kayak earlier that summer of 2016 and used it to reach the spot he was talking about. I combed the muddy/sandy tiny beach coming up empty handed, I was about to leave when I decided to check one more spot.....I then looked down to see the tail end of my first arrowhead sticking out of the mud in shallow water. I was sooooo excited. I have since returned to the spot and found my second, and I plan to return soon. Here are pictures of near the spot and my finds. Thanks for reading!
      If both artifact and hunter lie idle, they will not meet.

Comment

Working...
      X