Another triangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another triangle

Been blessed today with another quartz triangle..love these things!

Cool quartz triangle. 😎
    Do you have a picture showing the size of it?
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Thanks Bruce! Here's a pic in Palm if that helps

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        It definitely does. 👌

This looks more like a flake to me. Hard to tell . Photgraphing white quartz is not an easy thing to accomplish where it shows details.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It's missing a little of all 3 tips but to the touch it feels worked..white quartz is tough to get an accurate pic I agree with Hoss on tough to capture

Comment

When I first looked at this in the first post - I said to myself that it somewhat resembled a triangle and it was definitely quartz but I'm not sure I''d call it a triangle point. After seeing it in Emaner's palm - I'm still not convinced it's a triangle. Hoss may well be right. IMO There's just not enough of it, with each tip missing, to call it a triangle artifact. However, Emaner has it in hand and is in a better position to call it worked - so I'll bow to his call.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

You could be right scorpion..as always thanks guys for the responses..the hunt goes on!

Comment

Quartz is sometimes very hard to tell. One solution to photographing it right is holding it at an angle in the sunlight so it casts a shadow over the valleys in the flaking like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0893.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	326875 It helps a lot in seeing the detail.

I do believe it at least is a flake. We know there were Native Americans there, so keep looking! You might be surprised with something cool soon!
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I'll give that a shot good advice KP!

Comment

Working...
                X