My First Clovis I Found on 12/8/10!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Clovis I Found on 12/8/10!

Very Nice example of a Missouri Clovis-Hazel point measuring 2-5/8" x 1" Made of High Quality Reed Spring Flint.  The tang that is broken off seems to be an ancient break, almost perfect!
    I just found this piece on 12/8/10 off of The Little Piney River outside of Cabool, Mo(Were an old spring runs off into The Little Piney River).  It was just waiting there for me to pick up on the side of the old spring bank, I was so excited!

Very nice!  Wish I could find anything even close to that nice! Congrats

Comment

Thank you, I about had a heartache when I picked it up.

Comment

Very nice Dustin, still waiting on my first clovis. They are here in kansas, maybe next year, happy hunting!!!

Comment

Way to go Dustin! It's a beauty that's for sure! I can just imagine how excited you must of been when you picked it up. I bout had a heart attack over the little piece of one that I found so I can sure relate to how you must of felt!
          Guess Santa came early up your way! Beautiful point!

Comment

Way to go.  :cheer:

Comment

That surely is a heart-stopper! Congrats.
              Rhode Island

Comment

Congratulations Dustin. Have found bits and pieces and paleo points here in Ohio but never a clovis that complete. I can imagine that was an adrenaline surge for sure. Heck I go into joyous outbursts over a birdpoint, they are all great no matter what you find I think, hopefully I will be posting one for you to look at after old man winter leaves the buckeye state.

Comment

Hope you find anoter soon to post here, those are so hard to come by.

Comment

Rock on dudes!!!

Comment

Your first Clovis and your selling it? The cash is nice I understand. I recognized that point  the first time I saw it for sale.

Comment

Working...
                      X