New weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New weight

Trip down the river today SW Connecticut...been a while..I was heading out and I spot this...... The notches are not normal like my other large ones but i do beilieve it's fishing gear related. At this river camp Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190409_151123.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	360885 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190409_151246.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	360886 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190409_151409.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	360887 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190409_151504.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	360888 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190409_151521.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	360889 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190409_151601.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	360890 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190409_151701.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	360891 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190409_151735.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	360892
    SW Connecticut

That piece looks a lot like a hoe, do you have them in your area. Nice find
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
      Glacial Pebble commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking clam digger maybe?

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks willjo. It does have a hoe shape...but the bottom of it is very thick

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow . Clamdigger? Maybe

Very cool, interesting shape on that one Red. Have you ever found any fish hooks? Ancient ones..

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man...no hooks...you would think I would....

So does it have a bit on the end? As Johnny said it looks like a hoe blade they would of hafted it in the middle where the groove is at. Then only used one end to dig with. I’ve never seen a 2 sided bit hoe , good eyes
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Thanks Glen ..hoe is a good guess but the bottom Is thick and heavy ..gotta be fishing related I'm thinkingClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190409_122037.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	360905
      Last edited by redrocks; 04-09-2019, 03:07 PM.
      SW Connecticut

Comment

There must have been a lot of activity in that area with all those giant weights .Lots of mouths to feed
        I would not rule out another tool as Johnny suggested .

Comment

Yea it’s to thick
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it is..I'm not sure how it woulda been a weight though...I'm open to all suggestions man

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny thing is ..I gotta cross a little creek walking half mile of the river shore when i came back tide was getting high and I couldn't cross it so I hadda follow creek up to the road....I never look in there....could be my first creek find? I looked and looked..for points in the water like you creek guys..... nothing....then I find this ..on creek shore.....I don't know but for some reason I've been finding my artifacts by the pound... Lol

By the pound , I like that ! Is that a inside or outside weight ? It’s good you can recognize those weights. Again I’d not have a clue until it’s pointed out. WTG Bro !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks brother man...by the pound yes....it's gonna go outside with other bigguns.. .I need some flaked chipped.. points ...hopefully soon

Yes the points are scarce right now. Water is finally lower but the creek was backed up for so long now it’s like hunting a big mud puddle. Have to go by shape alone and that’s the hardest way to find them. I can do it but boy you pick up a lot of rocks before you find something good. Then your hands are so muddy you don’t want to touch your phone.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t worry, your season will come. I’ll be ready to see your scores !

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            My season is about over sadly. I did not get to hunt as much as I wanted... Today we are suppose to get a wind storm here with gust up to 70 mph... I might get to look a little more....

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Where are you again? You probably uncover something after the wind gets done I hope

I gotta wait till they till the cornfield I hunt...prob end of... April
          SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            They are piling the chicken scratch so I know they will disc it in but man does that stuff stink 🤢

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            They use cow NB manure
        Working...
        X