Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The blessing and the curse of fields being disked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The blessing and the curse of fields being disked!

As much as everyone no till drills in their crops in Central Missouri, it’s nice to have a field that they actually still disc up! But as the pictures show, the disc brings up points, but it also destroys points! So do you prefer a disced field or a non-disced crop field?
    Last edited by Syrix; 05-23-2019, 11:28 PM.

Anything that turns the soil is good. I’ve found plenty of broken pieces but at the same time I’ve also found some good ones to. I think when the disc hits them one half goes one direction and the other half goes the other cause I’ve never found the piece that’s missing.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Lol Syrix...your singing my song...the plowland hunters blues...I have many "heartbreakers" some that when intact were beautiful pieces. I agree with SH. I still like the fields being turned. The problem here is that its hard for the fields to get turned when theres 1-2" of rain every 10 days...nice grabs by the way looks like about half of my collection..lol
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Very nice .. went by my site fire camp and the soil is like cement ... that black material is interesting

Comment

It makes one wonder what the Forrest floors looked like?during the woodland period. Ancient artifacts exposed everywhere? Did the woodland people have concepts of their 12,000 year occupation and it’s vastness? The greatest story of human history.

Comment

Without the plow, we wouldn’t find many artifacts in agricultural areas. I know a plow breaks some, but not nearly as many as it uncovers. Subsoilers break more pottery and turn over more burials than anything else. That’s what breaks my heart.
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Give me a plowed field anyday of the week! It is hard on the ol feelings to find broke ones but if It weren't for the plow, I wouldn't be finding much of anything.
              Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                And a good hard rain 3 inches at least but any rain is good
            Working...
            X