My first dalton ! And it’s a smoker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first dalton ! And it’s a smoker!!

Yesterday before work I went back down to my second creek that I found that broken drill and hidden valley last trip. Didn’t find hardly anything for the first two hours, just some tools and a cool glass bottle. I started to get a little discouraged I wasn’t gonna find a point. Well that wasn’t the case!! I got to one of the last gravel bars on this section of creek I can search. I searched high and low and nothing . But right before I was about to leave I went back along where the water had punched through part of the gravel bar and had flowing water. I actually noticed these crazy looking little red&blue fish all schooled up in the flowing water. Then not a foot away from those fish I find this baby!!!! My first dalton if that’s what it is. Looks like it might be a Sloan but I’m not sure. Either way it’s a killer!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spj7PxJgOFo&app=desktop Click image for larger version

Name:	image_62405.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	376526
    Last edited by Hoss; 07-03-2019, 07:39 AM.
    Johnson county Missouri

Awesome find! The translucency is killer! Congrats!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
      NOTCHEDNate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man!! Had to use a vacation day today to get off from work because after finding that yesterday, I’m getting ready to spend a good portion of today back in that creek! Haha

That's sweet Nate..congrats man
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
      NOTCHEDNate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks buddy!! Still bouncing off the walls from that one haha leaving soon to go back there so maybe luck will strike twice!!!

Good eye nice find a day maker for sure .

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
      NOTCHEDNate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man!! Yea it was. I was rushing back to the truck with that one!! Haha

Congrats Nate! Man that is a smoker for sure! Awesome Find!
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
      NOTCHEDNate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man!! Last year all I found were a few bird points in that creek .. nothing real old so finding a dalton there definitely has me re-thinking which creek is my honey hole lol

Gorgeous for sure, congrats

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
      NOTCHEDNate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man!!

Dang nice one I’m on lunch will read it later, congrats
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Congratulations NOTCHEDNate a smoker for sure!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
        NOTCHEDNate commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!! Still can’t believe it. A Clovis or dalton are basically my dream finds like I’m sure are for many of you.. so to actually find one is hard to put into words how I feel!

Good stuff! Still searching for my first while dalton.

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
        NOTCHEDNate commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man. Just keep at it you will get yours !!

Cherish that one man, congrats on the save what a smoker😁

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
        NOTCHEDNate commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks buddy!!! Oh I will trust me!! this is literally a dream come true for me.

I hope you find something else it doesn’t take long to clean out a creek just like walking a field.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
        NOTCHEDNate commented
        Editing a comment
        Found one nice piece today but man did I have to work for this one! And it’s not nearly as nice as the one above lol but will post below . I’m thinking maybe calf creek but hard to tell with the damage.

The one from today.
      Attached Files
      Johnson county Missouri

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Just looked could even be a smith or a wade you have a lot of points with that base type

• NOTCHEDNate
        NOTCHEDNate commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve found one other Smith before in that creek so maybe your onto something. Can’t wait to see your next finds man!

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        You have to remember some of my points are no bigger than the ears on your last one you found and these last 2 I found are just that small. Look in your guide under Vanilla I believe that is what I’m finding. It’s in the Tn/ GA section

Really nice finds. I always check the wash outs. I figure its like nature digging a hole for me and what ever is exposed hasn't been sitting there for too long. Less chance of someone seeing it.
      Central Ohio

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
        NOTCHEDNate commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man!! Yep I couldn’t agree more. There’s always other people’s tracks at this spot too so it’s hard to find up-tapped ground as is there. Those washouts have saved me many times from going home empty handed

Nice finds nate thanksnfor sharingnthe video too.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
        NOTCHEDNate commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!! And glad to share with you all.

Great little Dalton! Congrats!
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
    X