found another big one today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found another big one today!!!

i went back to the creek where the big blade came from and found another one about a 1/4 mile on down the creek. this one is 6 1/4 its a ok blade but not nowhere as good as the other one. i will post some pictures soon as my phone charges up some.

Tocco the suspense is killing me man !!!
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

man its been hot the last few days, the weather man is telling about the storm down in the gulf coast thats going to be here sunday and its going to dump 6 or more inches of rain on us here in north ms. so i figured i better hit the creek again before that. i went yesterday to a shaded creek and stayed almost all day, all i found was a tiny broke triangle point and a few fossils, couple squid and a small mastodon tooth fragment. the day before that i was back where i found the big blade, i spent about 6 hours in the sun and found nothing but a nut rock and a shark tooth. i got up this morning and headed straight back to the honey hole and started walking on down the creek to another big gravel bar. spent about ten minutes and there it was. i spent another 4 hours slipping and sliding on clay thats covered with algae slime to find one more small red point. i sure hope we get a good creek washer and wash up something else good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4671 (1280x960).jpg
Views:	496
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	378617 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4687 (960x1280).jpg
Views:	139
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	378618 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4668 (1280x511).jpg
Views:	127
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	378619

Comment

if You are getting the storm I got last night it will wash everything and now it’s thunderstorms again tonight
        Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 07-12-2019, 09:12 PM.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice curve on that big Adze point
          NW Georgia,

Comment

You might say that it is nowhere near as good as the other but I say it's gorgeous.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

You’ve had one hell of a week my man.

Comment

• toccopola
                toccopola commented
                Editing a comment
                it all started in january after a major flood. i knew with that flood and this new knee i was going to fill some frames.

good lord that is a biggun
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Pickwick?
                NW Georgia,

Comment

• toccopola
                  toccopola commented
                  Editing a comment
                  not positive on type, one of the guys that has seen lots of cache blades thinks it could be benton related. it kinda looks like a buck creek to me i have a smaller point from the same spot that is about the same. its to the left of the tip of the big blade in this frame.

😮That’s a middle eastern blade. I think it’s called a scimitar.

i saw one just like it in “Lawrence of Arabia”...

really nice blade tocco👍👍👍
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

That is one heck of a big blade site!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!! You must be on Cloud 9!!!

Comment

Awesome!!! Ledbetter?

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
                      Glacial Pebble commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope after this next storm you need to buy a bigger frame. Quite a fantastic year of finds!!

• toccopola
                      toccopola commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i need two more frames right now, i got another frame started from this creek and thats where this new 6 1/4 blade is going or maybe not. i missed the last show in amory ms. was going to get another frame but i was out of town. not really sure what to call this blade.

Wow.
                    SE IA

Comment

Nice save sir

Comment

Congrats. What’s an amazing collection. All from same site?

Comment

• toccopola
                          toccopola commented
                          Editing a comment
                          this frame came from 3 different creeks but all from the same county. pontotoc mississippi
                      Working...
                      X