Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Raining Unfinished Bannerstones....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Raining Unfinished Bannerstones....

You may or may not recall, but I had posted my complete bannerstone find last year. Prior to that, I had gone 20 some odd years only ever finding two banner fragments. Anyhow, as the title implies, in the last month I have found two unfinished bannerstones (one is more a fragment the other is mostly all there). Neither is in the best of shape, but still both are pretty rare finds for me. I've found quite a bit this year, if I find the time maybe i'll try to post some of that later. As always, thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Wow man that is one cool find. A finished product is one thing but finding one halfway through is really something. That is a unique find because I have not seen many in my travels. Wow what a day here on the site. We have a guy that expressed disdain for his beat up celt find and you who is tripping over unfinished banners...lol. Nice grab NSU...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Nice finds for sure.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Way cool, congrats on your recent good luck. May it continue.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congrats on a really great find. I've only found two pieces, never a whole one.

Comment

Preforms that were not broken during manufacturing, are rarer than a finished artifact, they are far and few between. Nice artifact recovery.

Comment

Excellent
              South Dakota

Comment

Cool
                SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                X