Apple Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Hill

Moving files around And found these photos of the Apple Hill Site . Apples on the left and wine grapes we had permission to screen all those rocks out The camp went off in all directions with a spring and year round creek around 2011 . Camino N. California

Wow, what a set up. Great finds.
    SE IA

Comment

Ooh ahh nice uns.
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

dang..... That's awesome!

Comment

WOW, you find more quartz points than anyone I have ever seen.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Didn't know you had munchies too! You must love digging there.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice to look back on some of the better digs, fantastic finds Dennis
              South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That's a beautiful site! Picture 4 has me drooling...
                "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Lot of area to sift .... Will they let you do more even after so long ?
                  Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• south fork
                    south fork commented
                    Editing a comment
                    New property owners saving it for family .

Great memories artifact Jack and me would go up to apple hill about three times a week . We rehabbed every day filled holes and planted grasses and wild flowers to keep everyone happy. Here's Jack doing what he loved and a frame of my bird points . In the upper right corner is my first point found at apple hill after digging all day . Slate I'm glad I kept going back.
                  Last edited by south fork; 08-14-2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

A buddy like Jack, a site like Apple Hill, and time to make the most of both... A life well lived.
                    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Almost every trip up there I would find some nice points it was a great adventure .

Comment

Near the top of the hill was a home and a large garden . That's where we started digging up all the weeds around the raised beds . And screening the earth so under and in every raised bed is still loaded . And all over the hill and neighboring properties are scattered with artifacts . They were Jacks friends from church he always talked about the camp . It took a long time of me bugging Jack to ask permission great people to let two old guys dig up their garden ,

Comment

You have the most amazing finds! I'm sure you miss Artifact Jack. Bet you have some good stories about your hunts together.
                          South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                            You have the most amazing finds! I'm sure you miss Artifact Jack. Bet you have some good stories about your hunts together.
                            He got me away from the homestead a couple times a week . And some great trips out into the great basin I'm like a hermit now lol .

Comment

Working...
                            X