More Montana Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Montana Blades

In a previous post, some thought I might have some Cody Complex pieces. I wanted to share some other blades that I found last year. I feel like the first one might have some CC characteristics. I also added a couple of others. I’m not sure if they have any relevance.

Those are beautiful! Montana has to be one of the best states for lithics.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Love those tools!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Beautiful knives, but I think they are probably flake tools and archaic knives. It's got the shape, but the few Cody knives I've held over the years also had some of the most amazing quality knapping I have ever seen. Even the broken examples exhibit a very measured, careful quality of work that is abnormal even for people who made Edens on a regular basis.

You've probably seen Mark Mullins' website, he's got really great pictures of probably some of the best documented paleo points out there. Not for lack of trying or resources to buy them, but the number of Eden or Clovis in his collection compared to Cody Knives tells you a bit about their rarity.
        Last edited by clovisoid; 08-27-2019, 09:30 PM.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Pretty material you have I like the one with spots in it
          NW Georgia,

Comment

I'm not at all familiar with artifacts from your area, but if I found similar knives which appear to be uniface in my old hunting grounds then they would be Early Archaic or earlier. I love the old stuff. Congratulations and yes the lithic material is not what we would normally find in the Midwest or Southeast. Good show and congratulations.

Comment

Working...
            X