Canadian Beauty # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Beauty # 2

Here's another nice example..found in marsh area that was drained for farming in the 40's. Any help in identifying the rock material would be appreciated.
    Cheers, Click image for larger version  Name:	resize4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	166.4 KB ID:	388778 Click image for larger version  Name:	resize6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.4 KB ID:	388779 Click image for larger version  Name:	resize7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	388780 Click image for larger version  Name:	resize5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	388781 Red Click image for larger version

Name:	sizer.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	388886
    Last edited by WindWalker; 08-31-2019, 06:04 PM.

I can identify it as another museum quality artifact !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• WindWalker
      WindWalker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks brother

I like the look of that one even better than the other. The spots really set it off.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

That is just way too cool! Wow! Just awesome...sorry, I don't know my Canadian rocks. Or American rocks for that matter.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Hon (maternal colloquialism), you understand respect for history, the land, your family, artifacts, what a good video can teach, and a whole bunch other wholesome stuff, including the value of mentioning Mom in your how-to u-tube! If leave wondering composition of rock or fossil to crotchety (“stubborn/prone to odd whims and fancies”) ole nerds, you still way out ahead!

WW, I had a husband once who was/is neuro-radiologist. He was asked to minimize his participation in Roentgen-Ray Society’s contests naming unusual X-ray, coz he consistently produced best response. You kinda like him..... king o’ celts (no, that was“Vercingetorix”.....just googled that!). Maybe not king, coz several other exceptional celts posted, but you at least a prince!

I think I may know lithic, but lemme check, so don’t loose whatever credibility got. Does it have tint? Grains big.....beautiful rock (ultimate compliment); pattern looks like pattern of my German Shorthair’s coat. Canada big, what part farm in?
        Last edited by Cecilia; 08-31-2019, 02:53 PM.
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Nice
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Don’t know the lithics up there but want to congratulate you on another quality find .

Comment

• WindWalker
              WindWalker commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you sir

Man that thing sure is gneiss!! But I actually have no idea on the celt material
            North Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              Clever! I sure do love clever!
          Working...
          X