discoidal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discoidal

don’t know nothing about quartz that’s what this one is,,p/f from an intracoastal fort Walton site,okalossa co. fl.....low lying..water washed shoreline.in fort Walton.like to hear more about these kinds of art Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	22 Size:	145.7 KB ID:	428885 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	16 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	428886 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	15 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	428887 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	15 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	428888 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	14 Size:	215.0 KB ID:	428889
    Last edited by tomclark; 03-06-2020, 09:45 AM.
    Floridaboy.

I find pieces like that and think that is what they are. I see ones in collections that are so concentric that you would think they were turned on a lathe and the polish is so good that you can see your self in them. sometimes I wonder about those like that, nice find by the way.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Great piece. A discordal is on my bucket list. May have seen one in someone's yard. They were using it to hide a house key under it. Wasn't mine to take, so I left it there. Still looking for one.
      Central Ohio

Comment

That's cool
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Man that is NICE, Hal!
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Sweet!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I have no doubt they were used in gaming. great use-wear on the outer rims of that piece as expected. I think they have a certain window of use time period, at least in FL ? tchung-kee stone - spear throw target that rolls.
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Nice good find
                  Utah

Comment

Nice Biscuit discoidal we have a couple article in our resource section you might want to check out.
                    https://www.arrowheads.com/index.php...s-collectibles

Arrowheads.com - Largest Indian Artifact Website on the Internet. You can find Native American arrowheads for sale. Buy and sell Indian relics online.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• flintguy
                      flintguy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very interesting links Hoss. I had a vague idea of their use but did not know the discordal was revered. A new area to research for me.
                  Working...
                  X