ID:	429069 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	429070 Click image for larger version

Views:	221
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	429071 no.1 is a carved fossil bone canine piece, 1 1/4” whoever found the fossil on the beach only made one..interesting position of the hole..pithalacootie river area,,new port richey pasco co fl....No 2 is from the shell mounds at the mouth of the anclote river,,tarpon springs fl.and is a true pendant with with modifications...no.3 is from the tocobaga village site safety harbor,,pinellas co.fl.,,and has good tip wear,,and was hafted in a long handled ,,,photo,,the rest were found on big island,,,upper tampa bay pinellas co fl.....wooden handles for drilled shark teeth.as illustrated,,,from key Marco Florida, this source is a must specially for Florida collectors
    Floridaboy.

Very very nice Hal ! Talk to me about the about the pic to the right, abc plz...And then the pic below...
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Really cool Hal...so are these teeth megaladon..or a.mix if diff sharks?
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Thats really neat thanks for sharing that. Looks like white shark/megaladon and tiger shark teeth. I wonder if they used the teeth on sharks they caught differently then the ones they found.

Comment

Interesting stuff Harold - do you think the drilled shark teeth were ornaments or used in conjunction with the staffs as tools or weapons? They remind me of the Aztec clubs called 'Macuahuitl' that were lined with prismatic blades: could the teeth be a replacement for the lack of an obsidian?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AztecWarriorsBrandishingMacuahuitls.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	429116
          If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

best I can do on short notice ..phots are from book of course. Click image for larger version

Views:	199
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	429137
          Floridaboy.

Comment

funny you should mention that ...I just had to turn the page .wood! Click image for larger version

Views:	199
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	429140
            Floridaboy.

Comment

last post, tried to hurry...the shark tooth tools were usd exclusively for wood working....photo tooth marks..didn’t have squat for flint ..made up for it with with wood..shell shark teeth ..antler bone and whatever was handy... I can tell you this they didn’t sleep on the ground...gotta go my head is spinning around. Click image for larger version

Views:	203
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	429142
              Floridaboy.

Comment

Professor Shellman
                Tampa Bay

Comment

If a shark knocks, DON'T ANSWER - It's long been known that they are students of Sun Tzu!
                  “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” The Art of War..

Click image for larger version

Name:	shark.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	429161
                  If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Olden,,,Not many collectors make that connection between the flint shark teeth from Cahokia and the other examples of shark teeth tools...never saw that article before thanks a bunch
                    Floridaboy.

Comment

p.s. how’d they drill em in south Florida two thousand years ago ,,,no flint there.
                      Floridaboy.

Comment

• Jethro355
                        Jethro355 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Aliens!

• Olden
                        Olden commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lol!

Yep.
                      Attached Files
                      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Lots of different shark teeth, I have found megalodon teeth before, but have always dreamed of finding one that a Native American made into a pendant
                        If both artifact and hunter lie idle, they will not meet.

Comment

Working...
                        X