A Day to Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Day to Remember

I wanted to go out today cause at 6 pm its Shelter in Place. The spot I wanted to look was still flooded so my only other place this time of the year is Quartz Creek. It was 75 degrees even though I was tired from working I decided to go anyway cause I won't be able to go for at least 2 weeks maybe longer with the virus and rules to follow. I was pleasantly surprised to find 2 knives. The horse is quite large I took the pic after I was safely on the other side of the fence. I was walking the creek and there is a pony you have to watch for. The pony was on one side horse other me in the middle. Pony will bite your rear end when you are bending over if you don't watch him. Horse usually doesn't bother me until today. I kept hearing him blow air while I was watching the pony. Turned around just in time before the horse was getting ready to take a taste of my arm. I ran away just in time. He just crossed the creek and went on his way thank goodness. The hazards of the hunt. North Georgia Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200403_130734.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	436249 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200403_131301.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	436250 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200403_132510.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	436251 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200403_152001.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	436252 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200403_130717.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	436253
    NW Georgia,

Some nature shots and dinner Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200403_140716.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	436255 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200403_135804.jpeg
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	436256 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200403_154435.jpeg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	436257
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice Glenn! I like the little one with the colors...cool....the big one looks real water worn...it's cool find....nice pics..... lockdown sucks....shrimp and salmon .?? Mmmm. Making me hungry.....but I've had a corned beef. And cabbage simmering g for 3 hours and red' potatoes. I bought two flat cuts round St. Paddy's day......good hunt man
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        The bigger one is made from Rhyolite I do believe. The creek really took a toll on it but sure was nice to see. The other is made on a flake so I would consider it a flake knife. Yes glazed salmon, shrimp and broccoli. Sure was good

Congrats!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Got to watch them sneaky farm animals
      Wyoming

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I hunt a couple of farms both have pony's and horses. One has bulls I don't go there much anymore though.

Here is a better pic of the Rhyolite one the stem is very short but not broken I think it might be a well used Mud Creek which is a Woodland period. It's a knife the tip looks broken but it has Spokeshaves on the edge and isn't broken it's all there. Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200403_172816.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	436282
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Congrats on a good day Glenn!
        North Central Kentucky

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Only spent 2 hours today got a late start

That creek looks like a great spot. A couple of decent finds proves it. Hopefully there's more to find later in the summer. Black knife is a good find and and has the same kind of creek wear as a lot of my finds. Little one is cool too , maybe much resharpened.

Having a brush with a feisty horse adds to the adventure. Maybe carry sugar lumps?
        California

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking apples but then he might follow me around.

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I've found a lot of things out there. It's not a big creek and as far as I can tell has 3 campsites on it.

Way to go Glenn , .Im a big fan.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Nice artifacts and pics Glen. The horse looks pretty innocent there! Lol. Watch his ears Glen. If he pins them, run! Lol. If they’re standing up, you may live . Ponies can be a little cantankerous though. I had an old red mare you had to occasionally look out for.
          Last edited by SDhunter; 04-03-2020, 06:52 PM.
          South Dakota

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Pony was standing behind the big horse. That pic was after I was on the other side a hour later. He was calm then. Wasn't calm earlier

Originally posted by Harold Gorges View Post
          Way to go Glenn , .Im a big fan.
          Thanks Hal I'm out there more than you think but usually I don't find much. I did see 3 snakes which I could do without.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

I'm not sure which I like the looks of better...the knife or the dinner.
            Central Ohio

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm usually a frozen pizza guy but work gave us a $50 gift card so I treated myself. Made it myself used sweet baby Ray's mustard sauce. Turned out really good.

• flintguy
              flintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              I love sweet baby rays BBQ sauce, haven't tried the mustard one. I'll have to pick some up soon.

What a way to celebrate end of beautiful day! And you got beautiful pics all my favorite things. Weather pretty perfect here, too, but worked in yard, cutting down coupla hundred monster sticky-vines, the thickest and thorniest ever grew. Have battle wounds on arms and face; woulda much rather have pretty equine try take taste of me!

Funny, you scared of Strawberry Roan horse and me scared of Black ‘n Decker alligator [jaws]. My girly chainsaw bears watchin’, too....
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Good finds surface....glad you was able to get out and do a little hunting and was a successful hunt.....so red lobster is delivering in your area😉
              Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Thanks Benji next day off will be yardwork for sure
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                X