No announcement yet.

Some points and a mano.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, what a day, shame on the bifracate but what can you do? Very nice haul, congratulations
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Nice collection and display.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Curious what you make of this assemblage. Do you know about the culture that produced it?

In California, the flat metate style milling slab is an older form (mostly). Is that the case in Texas?

My favourite of your points is the nicely tipped one with the slight serration on the left (middle).
        California

Comment

Originally posted by tomf View Post
          Curious what you make of this assemblage. Do you know about the culture that produced it?

In California, the flat metate style milling slab is an older form (mostly). Is that the case in Texas?

My favourite of your points is the nicely tipped one with the slight serration on the left (middle).
          Thanks Tom! That was the first point I pulled that day and she is sharp! What I do know is that this particular site has been home to MANY different cultures. Its on an ancient spring fed creek bed right on a big old granite dome. One of my digging buddies pulled 2 paleo points there the day before! I'm not really sure about the metate's age, but I really feel like it does match the mano and they're similar material and I found them within 10 feet of each other. I'm hoping to get back out there at least a couple more times before it gets too hot this summer. We don't have too much comfortable digging weather down here lol.
          Austin TX

Comment

• tomf
            tomf commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it's likely the mano and metate go together which is incredibly cool.

Nice presentation. Nice stuff...
          Utah

Comment

Working...
          X