Blessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blessed

I had 30-45 min of light left yesterday after freshening up a dozen mineral sites and put out my cameras... In my travels on the farm I jumped a buck out of the corn field that was already past his ears and I’d swear I seen a 10pt frame already to boot regardless he’s going to be a giant...Seemingly now loosing my mind wondering what buck that is or could be I had to try and find a fix of some sort so I headed to one of my arrowhead spots on the farm only to find its been disced by the new farmer I leased the farming too!!! I didn’t know he had turned this field! Well just before dark I hit paydirt....

Well I’m guessing you know what happens when you find a point right off the rip in a fresh turned field but it gets dark out? Wellllllll You get out the flashlights and get to looking of course! I actually only like to go if it’s overcast or raining or my favorite is after dark because I promise you can see flint 10x better at night with a flashlight and the way it shines. Plus the flashlight keeps you laser focused in one small area where I sometimes find myself trying to look 20 feet which means you’re probably walking over some no doubt... I’m not sure as to the types yet but motley is one I’m looking at I believe? my books are still in storage unfortunately but I’m middle Tn if anyone recognizes a type would be great.... I quite somewheres around midnight when all my pockets were completely full but only 3 points and a needle tip plus a drill section. Tons and tons of tools... I probably got a 5 gallon bucket full of tools I haven’t even cleaned up to look at yet from the last 3 hunts...

Howdy TN mud. Maybe I have not been attentive, but I haven't noticed a post from you in quite a while. Congratulations on your finds and your persistence. The pics are great. I really like the late afternoon pic as the sun went down beyond the ridge. Some dandy points you found. Yes, one looks like a Motley and the other stemmed point looks kinda like an Adena of some sort.

Comment

That’s a lot of finds in a short period of time. Nice points... you better get back out there👍
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Love those evening shots, and the points, boy you really cleaned house, p.s. don’t forget ta show us the stuff that’s in those buckets when you get em cleaned up.. two really great looking points...
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Thats just an absolutely GORGEOUS place to hunt (and live)! Nice points too of course!!!!
          Austin TX

Comment

Nice finds tn mud....i dont know about your location but in mine, nw middle tn, ive seen some rain today....more than likely youll have some more tn mud out there to search that field
            Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Well done!
              Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Awesome finds
                🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Very nice TNmud. I agree with SailorJoe On the typing and it looks like Dover Chert on the Motley...very nice night and thanks for sharing.
                  North Central Kentucky

Comment

Lots of finds good looking artifacts
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

You had a great hunt!
                      South Carolina

Comment

Nice finds..congrats
                        SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...