Clovis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis

I have twin boys and me and Brad was digging when he was young. we found the base of this Clovis but the material was so good and not patinated that i was not sure it was as old as a Clovis although it was fluted and had Clovis shape. I put it up and had it for a long time. Most likely would have never kept it if it had been point. Later in another area i found another Clovis base and my other son Britt had seen it. later he was digging in same area i found base and he found a point so he brought it down to house to see if it fit the base i had found. It did not fit and i put it on my desk and it was there several days and i got to thinking about the base me and Brad had found years earlier and went in and found it. when i placed them together they were a perfect match. 20 years or more later i put the Clovis back together that had been separated for thousands of years. Here is the piece Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1451.JPG
Views:	1126
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	505873 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1452.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	505874
    South East Ga. Twin City

Have shown Clovis before but it has been a long time
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the things I will never tire of....looking at Clovis points.

Also, this is one of the coolest stories ever.👍👍

Good on you Johnny what a great set of finds so many years apart
    Wyoming

Comment

Wow, what a find, or finds! Must be a great site.
      South Carolina

Comment

The humble, conservative miracle who is known as WillJo....I remember another artifact you put together not too long ago: one piece a recent find, and the other piece from deep inside one of your many massive rock piles (for those of you who do not know, WillJo has multiple small mountains of miscellaneous and unseparated lithics all over his property). I thot that was astounding. But that feat pales in comparison to this one.

Your background stories are factual, sweet and direct. But the gist of this one no less than phenomenal. Imagine version related by Hal, or even me, Jethro, LinnyMan?! Maybe you should get an agent....
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s this,!..Pen for hire,!...Sign me up please...Do you accept arrowheads and miscellaneous stuff as payment,?

One great piece.. with a great story...👍..👍..
        two thumbs up on that one.
        keep on the hunt willjo.
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Wow! That's unreal. Good for you guys
          SW Connecticut

Comment

That is an awesome story Johnny.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

You have got some good karma going there Johnny! Sweeeeeet!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Great finds reunited at last .

Comment

What an awesome story and point!

Also kind of cool that one twin was involved in finding the base, and the other found the tip so many years later.
                  Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Narrow Way Knapper
                    Narrow Way Knapper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wouldn't it be cool if thousands of years ago one twin started making that point and the other finished it? Sounds like the framework for a good motion picture.

Thats insane....way to go willjo
                  Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

That is really super neat. How far apart were the 2 pieces. I have a thousand + tips and bases of various types found on many sites. I think I should start looking for matches. Only 3 clovis bases would be nice to find a match but sites being so far apart I doubt there is a chance. Great finds to you. Go get a lottery ticket.
                    SE IA

Comment

• willjo
                      willjo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They were 150 to 200 ft. or better if you look at first photo looks like there is an oddball flake taken off tip, what it looks like to me is it was hafted and the person started to sharpen and it broke and he left the tip there and went up on a small hill and took base off haft and discarded it and re hafted another point. my theory could be totally wrong

• oldrocks2
                      oldrocks2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That sounds like a very good reason for them that close together. Great thinking.

• Cecilia
                      Cecilia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Recounting this thru historical fiction perspective, both Narrow’s idea of point’s creation by twin knappers, and your idea of how point broken and pieces separated included in narrative! Wow....this is not impossible, if consider collaborative effort members of forum: very big bank vast factual and technical knowledge, writing and editing skills, story-telling abilities, all bound together by common passion and imagination....
                      Last edited by Cecilia; 11-15-2020, 12:18 AM.

Great point and an equal story to go with it.
                    Central Ohio

Comment

That’s amazing
                      South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                      X