Ace of Spades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace of Spades

Found this point that reminds me of an ace of spades 7-2-12 in Willamette Valley, Oregon.  Unique shape may be from original longer point being broken and then re-worked to a snub nose spade shape.

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Gotta have good-young eyes for those little buggers. :blink:

Comment

Cool find and like Mark said.....good eyes! Looks like obsidian?
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

Very nice find -and- nice insitu Darin! So small agree with Mark pretty small for these old eyes.
        Joe.

Comment

Thats a sweet one Darin, were you crawling to see that little thing  :lol:

Comment

You're really reeling in those micro points. Congrats.

Comment

Thanks guys!  Yes obsidian.  And I am pretty close to the ground, as vertically challenged, so easier to see points compared to my over 6 foot friends.  Lol   Most points in this area are micro, or less than one inch.  Central and eastern Oregon have bigger points.  I best get to hunting more, before my eyes go bad...

Comment

Like the spade! I've been known to crawl around a bit thanks to my nearsightedness. Hope they can't see me from the road! Good find!

Comment

Sandy maybe carry a small pair of binoculars to check the ground with.  :laugh:  :laugh: Just saying

Comment

spanky wrote:

Sandy maybe carry a small pair of binoculars to check the ground with.  :laugh:  :laugh: Just saying
                      If I used em, I know for sure I'd trip on something.....lol or a deer would knock me on my ace! Good Idea though! hee hee
                    Gonna need a new pair of cover-alls for the up coming season though...or start screening.

Comment

Here is updated pic of "ace of spades" which hopefully is more clear...

Comment

Working...
                      X