Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bad day turned...awesome. find of the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad day turned...awesome. find of the year.

Find of the year...at least it was, for about four or five months

Gotta love sweet tater
    fields

So, I bad been walking around for about an hour with no luck....I was picking up something else...when this little booger was barely sticking out of the ground. It made the day worthwhile.

Comment

Real nice rhyolite Kirk!

Comment

Nice find! I love corner notch points.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

ATV are you going to have a alias of TATER SALAD! Nice in-situ and great point.
          Chase
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Yeah, that will make your day!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Another sweet find and insitu! Sweet tater field thats a new one, can't argue with sucess!
              Joe.

Comment

I know times have been dry, way to go! Sandy

Comment

I am jealous what a nice point you found. Thanks for sharing the awesome insitu pics. Made me feel like I was with you when you found it.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Beautifully shaped point - I love the classic corner/side notch style!  Excellent in situ pics - love the 2 stage uncovering of the point!  What State was the sweet potato point found in?  Thanks!
                    Darin
                    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Comment

Eastern NC. Coastal plains area.

Comment

Nope, not dry here. Plenty of rain so far this year. Plus, its hurricane season. So we should get some tropical storms and a hurricane or two.

Comment

I moved to OR from Cary, NC in 2010. Wish I would have hunted in NC.  Have one point a farmer found right next to me and gave me while investigating crop damage in his tobacco field.  Made out of what appears to be light green limestone. 
                          Bone dry in Oregon every summer until Oct-nov then cant stop the rain until the next summer.  Thanks for awesome pics!
                          In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Comment

Yup, only about an hour from Cary down 70 towards the beach.  Tobacco fields are awesome places to look. Thats where 90%i of my points came from.

Comment

Working...
                            X