Shelter L1 June 26 Triangle Drill water screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelter L1 June 26 Triangle Drill water screening

Finally have something good to post . I’ve been hitting L1 several times in the past week plus and found a number of broken points and lots of pottery but we pulled a nice translucent triangle drill today . It could’ve also have been intended for a point. I did find some other cool finds that I will post in a day or two when I do a round up . I found something that had been drilled in 3 places but have yet to determine what it is. It’s hollow and could be pottery or something else. I found a possible bone bead or awl but is missing a piece and it’s broken in 3 places . Lots of charred bone pieces and some more turtle shell. Overall it was worth the time we put in . We are on the wall now and should have better luck as we are pushing up towards a sleeping area that has shelves along the side of the wall .

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	643018Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	643017Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	643011Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	643012Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	643013Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	643014 Pictured is the awl/bead . It has been ground on all sides. Also found an interesting stone that was used as a knife and has sharp edges . Never seen this type of stone around here. Found a cache of hard stone tools a week ago a pestle and a few nutting stones. I have pictured also where a ceiling cave in fell on top of a 🔥 burning fire and there was a couple of pieces of partially Unburned wood and a pile of coals . There was actually several pretty large movable slabs of stone that fell but must have been at the end of the time this shelter was used so they were never moved . The stone knife was the only thing that I found under the ceiling cave in right on edge of the fire 🔥 .
    Last edited by SGT.Digger; 06-26-2022, 09:14 PM.

Comment

great stuff your finding. the awl / drill is killer.
      Utah

Comment

• SGT.Digger
        SGT.Digger commented
        Editing a comment
        My dad found it . It’s really cool

Extremely fascinating excavations and great drill/ reamer..👍👍👍
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• SGT.Digger
        SGT.Digger commented
        Editing a comment
        Ty . Its a neat spot but takes a lot of work to screen in the water.

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate what you’re doing..I have screened in swamps in 105 degrees..Yeah, I know, I musta been off my rocker, but when you’re hooked, you’re hooked😄

Hey Aaron, Those are some interesting finds. I really like that big knife.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• SGT.Digger
        SGT.Digger commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I do too . It’s great to see them use stone for a blade . We are limited around here for flint

Amazing what you're finding, enjoying this.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Stay after them, very nice finds
        Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Working...
        X