My 3 Favorite Drills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3 Favorite Drills

Thanks firstly to Willjo for sharing his amazing case of drills. I picked out my 3 favorites to share with you all. My Home would be the black Dalton. Must have been a decade ago when i found it but remember it like yesterday and can show you the exact spot to within a foot. Forum was found just this past September. I did share it because was not 100% sure on type but id say Dalton as well. And #3 the T-Drill is a favorite mainly because of the story and chances of how it was found. Was early 2000s and my first time on this particular river but a friend and i had been searching most the day for anything lithic with zero luck or even a rock bar. Defeated, so we thought, we stopped at another sand bar to poke around and look with little hopes. I had a fold up army type shovel with me and in a random spot in the middle of this sandbar I proceeded to dig a hole. And low and behold maybe 8” down this beautiful t-drill jumped out! What are the odds of this! Not having seen as much as a rock in miles and nothing ancient in the area and of all the places to just stop and dig a hole?? That wasnt luck I believe, and definitely no skill involved, so like I sometimes say and truly believe, you dont find these artifacts, theyll find you. They come to those who are deserving and ill always believe that. So of course this one had to make the top 3! In-situ of my Forum was added as well.
    Thanks again Willjo for the topic and bringing back some of my greatest memories.
    Attached Files

Hmmm unsure why but it replaced my numbers with words. So its meant to say my “number one”, “number two”, and “number three”.

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometime when you use a hashtag like the hashtag for a number The one above the number 3 the server will miss read it and replace it with the word "Forum or Home" I don't know why Paleo but I have stopped using those hashtags.. Kim

Dandy's.... love the drills.
    Utah

Comment

Great story about digging the last one
      2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Great paleos.

Comment

I find verry few Daltons and no Dalton drills those are fantastic. Thanks for showing
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Great story..Proves what I’ve always said..In ridiculous circumstances they sometimes find you...Great artifacts one and all..Thanks for sharing..👌🇺🇸
            Floridaboy.

Comment

Very nice drills paleo.....I rarely ever find a drill....I only have two that are complete
              Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

They are definitely top notch
                South Dakota

Comment

Those are beautiful finds.
                  South Carolina

Comment

This one ill add to this, but i guess it would fall into the graver category. But it too is Dalton and repurposed just as the other Daltons i shared once were. What i always wonder is, when was it refashioned to this final shape? Was it done by the one and only owner it had or possibly found hundreds or thousands years later and then repurposed? Either way, i love repurposed artifacts because they tell more of a story and the importance of the artifact during its use. Thanks to all who liked and viewed these drills and this graver.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wish that one could talk. Unique.
                      SE IA

Comment

• PaleoSnow
                        PaleoSnow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh you bet bud. Ive got several Dalton blunt/end scrapers that i wish to know the life story of. Ive shared them a while back and members seemed to like them as well. Anything Dalton or a Dalton variant are my favorite artifacts. I seem to find many of them and its like my calling or something i guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Ill take that any day though
                    Working...
                    X