A BANNERSTONE DAY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A BANNERSTONE DAY!!

Stopped by at lunch today and walked this little cleared spot in York County S.C.. Found a few pieces then spotted the edge of a rounded slick rock. I thought that looks like a bannerstone but have thought that many many times. I kicked it and my first complete banner stone popped up! Some type of hard slateish material from the area. Even the broke pieces are hard to come by around here. Good hunting- Sam

OMG!!!!!!! very sweet! that is a find of finds! congratz! I am happy for you. :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo: Thanks for showing!
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Oh and nice points also.      
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

SWEEEET! Looks like a pick-type semi-lunar bannerstone. J. Coe, (1964) found this type of bannerstone associated with Stanly cultural materials. The material may be argillite. Here's one from central N.C.

Comment

Nice finds, that's an awesome bannerstone!

Comment

Way to go Sam!!! That is something that has eluded me in 30 plus years of hunting.
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Sam, Sam, Sam ! Awesome!

Comment

Congrats Shartis!!! I dream of a bannerstone find all the time! Thats a good looking one too! I always flip the smooth rocks too but they are always just smooth rocks

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone. I have found several pieces and a couple half pieces but this is my first whole in 38 years of hunting.

Comment

That is a beauty Sam thanks for the show.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congrats.....That's one heck of a find!!!

Comment

Congrats on that Sam! 38 years?
                        Well, you found one! How cool is that?
                        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                        X