Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The American Buffalo

Film by Ken Burns…

The American Buffalo, a new two-part, four-hour series, takes viewers on a journey through more than 10,000 years of North American history and across some of the continent’s most iconic landscapes, tracing the animal’s evolution, its significance to the Indigenous people and landscape of the Great Plains, its near extinction, and the efforts to bring the magnificent mammals back from the brink.

For thousands of generations, buffalo (species bison bison) have evolved alongside Indigenous people who relied on them for food and shelter, and, in exchange for killing them, revered the animal. The stories of Native people anchor the series, including the Kiowa, Comanche, and Cheyenne of the Southern Plains; the Lakota, Salish, Kootenai, Mandan-Hidatsa, and Blackfeet from the Northern Plains; and others”.

The American Buffalo is the biography of an improbable, shaggy beast that has found itself at the center of many of the country’s most mythic and heartbreaking tales. Full documentary now streaming. The official site features behind-the-scenes interviews, interactive media, guest essays and more.

Rhode Island

I did a program for WITF TV Public Tv. at a theatre near me for their preview of this Documentary CMD. I totally enjoyed the preview and know that Burns put out another spectacular Doc. K
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Ken Burns always pulls out all the stops….

Click image for larger version

Name:	A33DCF05-3983-4BC7-A4C2-CE560B4351EB.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	709761
    South Dakota

Comment

Working...
    X