very interesting cutting tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very interesting cutting tool

I found this very unique artifact at my souadabscook stream site yesterday its made of red sandstone i know the picture doesnt do it a lot of justice but im calling it the stone age equivelant of a utility knife haha even kinda has the shape of one the tip end is the cutting edge and is almost razor sharp still ive never seen anything that even resembles this tool on any site before just wonderibg if anyone knows what to call it. Is it a cimmon tool type or one of those fly by the seat of our pants and hope it works kinda tools haha any info would be helpful

Im pretty happy about finding this thing i like the color and the person who made was quite a creative fella id say very cool artifact even if none of you know about it either

flake knife, very cool wear on that tip!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Hey tom thanks for the input but im input buddy not actuall use ware on the edge doesnt appear to have been used much the blade end has been deliberatly ground to sharpen it ive got some flake knives usually just a flake dressed up unifacially this is a different sort of thing i guess it woyld fall into that category tho wouldnt it very unique no matter what it is glad you like it tom and thanks again

This pic shows a groynd off corner presumably to remove a sharp edge and make it more confortable in hand

Comment

Cool find!

Comment

Working...
        X