Any thoughts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts??

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I live in Northern Illinois and reside in rural DeKalb County.Yesterday morning after doing some work in the garden, this particular rock caught my eye.  I've never seen anything like it. My guess is it was used as a tool and the original owner decided to personalize this one. As for the image I see a person holding a weapon, possibly an arrow. The left hand image is a bit more challenging to make out. Perhaps a bird or an animal. If you look real close you can almost tell how he held it because where his fingers would be, is discolored as is the images he carved. My guess is he may have been right handed and he may have colored the images in blood. Just a hunch as its very fossilized, but those images stand out clearly. It reminds me of an ancient piece of art. With a magnifying glass you can literally see what appears to be a blood tinged finger print. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

:welcome:
    All I see is a stone that the rotor tiller/tractor chewed the weathered rind off of - sorry.

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Those are likely implement scars. You can see they are fresh, because there is no patina as their is in the un scratched areas of the rock's outer skin/cortex. It's not an image at all, just damage made by a modern implement.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
      X