Paleo tools or just random rocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo tools or just random rocks?

Some more creek finds...do you guys think these are actual tools or just random natural flakes..
    I am certain the small piece is a hematite celt but it might be too small to be classified as a celt...
    the larger pieces I am completely baffled by...hope you guys can give me some help

Montani Semper Liberi

there are only 3 total pieces...I tried to get the best angle possible.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

You've found some cool rocks! The first piece could be a celt but it's hard to tell by the pictures.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

You've found some cool rocks! The first piece could be a celt but it's hard to tell by the pictures.
        X2 the first one would need better pic's to say for sure what it is. ....But the other two well the first one looks like a rock tongue depressor ,the last one looks like a rock back scratchier.   :silly:  :silly:  :lol:  :rolf:  All three of them are Pre Clovis rocks.   But none are Paleo tools.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Lol...they could have been used by the paleo doctors...guess I will chuck them back in the creek.  Glad I asked though and thanks for the info.  I will keep the celt...below are better pictures of it and also a drill I found.  I'm not sure if the drill is completely in tact or broken.  Both are obviously not paleo doctor tools lol.

Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Oh yeah, that's a celt! Nice one too!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Very nice.  That drill is intact.  Just resharpened out of a broken point I imagine.

Comment

Awesome.  Thanks for the confirmation...as for the dr "tools" i will chuck them over the hill.  Thought I would ask before I did though.   As for the Celt....I can't imagine something that small being attached to a stick and usable...could they have used this by hand?
                Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Could have been used as a small wedge to work on wood or even as a skinning stone for small game

Comment

Working...
                  X