What type of point did I find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of point did I find?

This is my second point ever I have found in the past 2 weeks. These are from South Park, Colorado. I am a newbie so any help with identification would be greatly appreciated. The first one is a point, no question. Just was wondering what type and age if anybody knows?
    The lighter item has apparently been worked on the edges but nothing else so was curious about that piece as well and if that is anything?
    Thanks in advance!

Attached files 

Looks like a Dalton with broke tip and wing. Nice find.

Comment

Thanks Robshap!
      I am pretty excited for sure.

Comment

I would say that is extremely good luck.
        South Dakota

Comment

looks old.
          Is it just me or does the second picture hint at the tip being reworked?

Comment

I wonder if it is something other than a Dalton? A bit out of the Dalton range but still a possibility.
            Hanna maybe more likely?
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I am not big on Western typology bet I think Greg is on the right track.  :woohoo:
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

I wonder if it is something other than a Dalton? A bit out of the Dalton range but still a possibility.
                Hanna maybe more likely?
                Greg you right on the money, Duncan/Hanna here is a link to some more examples. http://arrowheads.com/index.php/foru...3-duncan-hanna
                mtnsolitude , I would really like better pics of the last pic please.   looks like you did well in South Park, and again the material of the Hanna is Trout Creek chert.
                WTG
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Here are some additional pictures of the second piece. Thanks, I am pleased with how I did in South Park as well, especially considering it was around a busy reservoir.

Comment

you guys better stay on the look out if yer gonna be poking around outside of town in Southpark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf69EEL3WBk ...he's out there, im cereal,super cereal.
                    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

you guys better stay on the look out if yer gonna be poking around outside of town in Southpark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf69EEL3WBk ...he's out there, im cereal,super cereal.
                      Sorry Jay I killed Kenny :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:
                      mtnsolitude, that looks like Kremmling Chert worked piece  If I was to guess, 11 mile comes to mind. :crazy: 

Comment

Thanks Chase and everyone! I didn't even know if it was anything at all. Interesting stuff and I appreciate all the input. I hope to learn lots as I go. This was in the Eleven Mile vicinity, great guess!!

Comment

mtnsolitude wrote:

Thanks Chase and everyone! I didn't even know if it was anything at all. Interesting stuff and I appreciate all the input. I hope to learn lots as I go. This was in the Eleven Mile vicinity, great guess!!
                          LOL Saturday I was on 39 mile road.whats is with all these numbers :rolf:  :rolf:  :rolf:

Comment

I've been to that reservoir and caught a boat load of fish!  Wish I'd kept my eye on the ground. :-)  Thanks for the pics!

Comment

No idea what you are talking about as far as the numbers on 39 Mile. Everything in this area is numbered. 4 mile, 39 mile, 11 mile, 31 mile.
                              We too have caught some huge fish from 11 Mile. I have caught more than one 6 lb fish from there! Fun stuff! Now I go fishing for rocks!
                              You all are learning me...now in looking at chert there was another piece I didn't think much of from the area but now am thinking it could be tiger chert? I am such a newbie so bear with me as I learn. What do you all think? It has been worked...perhaps a scraper or something like that?

Attached files 

Comment

Working...
                              X