ARROWHEAD COLLECTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARROWHEAD COLLECTION

I recently purchased this small arrowhead collection at an auction. After reading the original owners notes, i thought i should get a second opinion. He states they are very old. Some BC and AD
    I wondered if these should be in a museum or if they are common arrowheads? Also is there any value here? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your time
    Chris

Welcome Chris!
    Nice collection, the only really nice piece is the Turkeytail with the bullseye. The rest are fairly common. Not worth a lot as a whole. Where are they from?
    If you don't want to keep them, maybe donate to a local museum from where they originated.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thank you for your help.
      They came from a farm located in whitmore lake, MI. The owner of the property documented where they were picked and did some research on them as well. The dates he referenced were dating some from BC and AD, i never thought these dated so far back. Thanks again for your fast reply.
      Chris

Comment

Whitmore Lake! I used live in a little town not to far from there, Hartland.
        If your thinking of selling any, let me know.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

They do not belong in a museum. A museum would just box them up and store them away with the thousands of other artifacts they already curate. Or worse if they have all they already need they will just sell them off
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

that grooved axe is a beauty!
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

If you have a local historical society they may be interested in putting them on display for a year or so.. Like Hoss says do not give them to a museum ..
              My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

I agree don't give them to a museum. I was surprised how much stuff is sold from museums.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
                X