Amazing day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing day

So I went to one of my favorite spots in middle TN and had an awesome day! Unfortunately my typology sucks.... Please help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2015-01-27 [replaced].jpg
Views:	29
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	207574

Name:	image_2015-01-27-2 [replaced].jpg
Views:	38
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	207575

Name:	image_2015-01-27-3 [replaced].jpg
Views:	39
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	207576

Name:	image_2015-01-27-4 [replaced].jpg
Views:	38
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	207577

Nice.....can't help you much but you sure can spot them.....I don't think I would have ever found them...Good eye .
    I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Great finds and in-situ's!
      Rhode Island

Comment

Great finds and a good eye to spot them! Congrats on the lovely finds.

Comment

Sweet finds on a muddy day.
          They look mid-archaic probably would be typed as
          Pickwick or ledbetter, but there are much better typers here than I.
          would also like to here what type lithic of the smaller point???

Comment

Pickwick  was my best guess on the long one. The blueish one is thick and heavily beveled and I have no idea on it.

Comment

:woohoo: wow! great finds! and ya, definitly good eyes! they sure clean up pretty!
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Awesome finds there eagle eye!
                Not my area, but both are awesome.

Comment

Awesome finds! I'd like to see a photo with them cleaned up and dry... may help I.d the lithic materials used :dunno: I think they're both beautiful though! That Pickwick still looks very sharp!
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Very nice, all those shells and mud confuse this old Arizona gal. You've got the eye for your locale.

Comment

maddux54 wrote:

Very nice, all those shells and mud confuse this old Arizona gal. You've got the eye for your locale.
                      Hey there "old Arizona gal", He's probably hunting them on the shores or islands of a large reservoir. The lake levels are normally drawn down in the winter so that there is more holding capacity to store late winter and early spring rains. As the water falls the eroded banks are exposed and voila, out pop the artifacts. This is why you see all the little shells. The little creatures that live in them are killed as the water level is lowered. Many of the famous sites in archaeology literature were sites that were discovered thus so. The Quad Site and the Pine Tree sites are two such sites. In middle Tennessee there are a number of such reservoirs.

Comment

I wish I could find something in a stream that NICE. Congratulation great finds.

Comment

Amazing EYE, I see the muck covered stuffed and i immediately go to shoreline or bank looking for clean flint. Guess thats why I still STINK! Great finds

Comment

Working...
                          X