Hammer or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer or ?

Not for sure about this.one. Found in Northeast Louisiana. Pic 1 is of the top and feels polished. Pic 2 is of the bottom, and pic 3 is the side and shows signs of hammering. Any info is very much appreciated.

The pictures are too blurry it might be one but because of the blurry look you cannot see any pecking on the working parts.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

for some reason the one picture looks longer then the others.  They don't look like the same stone,  but I'm guessing its the way the pictures were taken.
      South Dakota

Comment

Hey Janet, I can't see the use wear in the pictures. I have taken thousands of pictures and still struggle when trying to show use wear and flaking. Indirect natural sunlight is best. Sometimes I use a sheet of printer paper to filter the light. I put the camera on a tripod and use the macro setting. While viewing the artifact through the camera lens tilt and turn until the use wear shows best. I use different backgrounds and sometimes that helps. I'm not usually so long winded. What you're trying to show is difficult to photograph.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
        X