River Trip Find, Lost and Then Found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Trip Find, Lost and Then Found!

My son found this a few years ago on a river trip, it was in the water and looked really neat with layers and I kind of set it aside with our other "neat rocks". He thought that it was really great that it curved to his hand and had an edge like a bread knife. It was brought home and added to the pile of rocks that the kids had found for me over the years. I had recently watched a Nova on Neanderthals and a segment was about the way they must have communicated to pass down their tool making ability because of the precision needed to create them. Today my daughter's boredom lead her to the rock collection and I saw this one with new eyes. It looks like a scraper but some edges look like other things, a multi-tool of some kind? I'm not sure what kind of rock it is, maybe agate? It looks well used there are almost finger indents on the smooth side and a very ergonomic hump that moods to the hand perfectly. I think my son would like to have as much information about the rock,it's use and maybe even dating, if that's possible? I wasn't sure what angles to take photos that would be helpful.

Sorry the pictures didn't load...oops?

Comment

Hey Mentis-T, Welcome to the forum.
      The uploader is on the blink. You can add pictures from Photo bucket if you like. That is working today.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Photobucket doesn't like Canadians

Comment

Looks like a little flake tool.
          South Dakota

Comment

Agree.. looks like a flake tool... definitely a artifact. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
            X