Burial Mound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burial Mound

Ive been poking around above the lake, in a sandy area, and came across these rocks, suspicious, but not uncommon to see rocks piled beside a large tilled field.
    Other larger grass covered mounds in close proximity, downside is there was equipment activity evident from many years ago, and a buried gas line 150 ft  away,  it seemed weird that these rocks weren't thrown in a pile, IMO were set in place.  Other rock pile nearby was thrown together. Salmon creek and lake down the hill, and tree line just above these rocks.  I cant tell if other piles of grass covered dirt are machine made, or native mounds. theaspect of this rock collection is orientated east to
      west,
    Seemed logical that this could be a burial site. I have pictures of other lumps, but too hard to get a 3D visual.
    YOU GO RIGHT, I GO LEFT- AND I REAP THE BENEFITS!!

ok, so pictures still aent working.
    Let me know when they're up and running.
    YOU GO RIGHT, I GO LEFT- AND I REAP THE BENEFITS!!

Comment

Sorry we can't see your pics.
      South Dakota

Comment

Without seeing photos, I'm visualizing what you might have. The mound of rocks may be just nothing more than that, a mound of rocks FROM the tilled field. These large rocks would break farm implements, like plow shears and discs, so back when the fields were first farmed, the farmer would drag a large flat wooded skid behind the tractor, and farm workers would throw any large rock that was plowed up on the skid. At some point when there was enough rocks, they would get dumped in a large pile at the edge of the field, generally in a wooded area so they wouldn't get plowed up again. Oddly enough, if you search these mounds of rocks, you can find hammerstones, axes, and other large hardstone tools. They would accidentally get thrown in with the other rocks. On one of these rock piles many, many moons ago, I even found a bannerstone. It was completely encased in hard mud and clay, and looked like just another large rock.
        http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Working...
        X