Couple of finds from yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of finds from yesterday

I was told this is likely a bolen recurvate. Found in SE Alabama on the Chattahoochee river. What do ya'll think?

Im not from your area but my guess would be Hardaway. Others from your area will probably have more info for you. Love the shed too. Is that one from this year?

Comment

B) cant help ya with I.D. , but i can tell ya its a cool point and thats a hellova' shed! both great finds!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Nice old point you have. I agree with codeman in that it looks more like a Hardaway to me. The side notch on this point seems to be much too shallow and narrow to be a Bolen.

Comment

codeman wrote:

Im not from your area but my guess would be Hardaway. Others from your area will probably have more info for you. Love the shed too. Is that one from this year?
            Yep it is. We don't put out trail cameras like a lot of folks who are big into managing their herds so unless we see a big deer in person, that's the only opportunity we will have to see his antlers. Funny how you find all the big antlers on the ground AFTER the season rather than during hunting season when it really counts  :laugh:
          Of course this is a white-tailed deer since this is in AL, but the fork coming off his G2 certainly has some mule deer-like qualities!

Comment

Hey ALwaterfowler, Congrats on two very nice finds.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
            X