X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blade?

Is this a blade? Any info would be appreciated

Sure looks like it!
    And after you download pictures, please hit the insert button to the right, thanks.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

another se tn find.

Comment

approx 3.25 in

Comment

im not from yer region so i dont know if you's have a specific name for that type around there, but from looks alone i can guess thats a really nice stemmed knife blade. very cool find!
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Cool blade,  looks like some patinated Hornstone.  Nice find, Thanks for sharing it!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I agree with 1w.t.wild guy in that it looks like a stemmed knife blade. Cultural period ? But a WAG might be late Archaic to Woodland. The bicolor appearance looks to me like the blade was struck from a river cobble made of some kind of chert (as opposed to chert from a quarry site). But I wouldn't bet much on that WAG. Much better if we had it up close and personal.

Comment

Nice piece. Like Joe said it would be a guess trying to assign a cultural tag on it.
                Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I would go with stemmed knife.  Nice piece.

Comment

Very nice blade
                    South Dakota

Comment

It looks to me like a large decortication flake that was struck off a chert nodule very early in the lithic reduction process and converted into a tool for some sort of quick task.  Like most of the other folks here, I agree that putting a time period on this artifact is problematic at best.  Archaic Period is always a good SWAG because of the great time depth.  The percentages are with you just like in an Alabama football game.  But it could be earlier or later in time.

Comment

ya unless alabama plays oklahoma  im gonna go with a flake knife

Comment

it looks like it was once a full point that busted along one side and was resharpened.
                          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
                          X